Atlantis Aquaventure..with or without lunch

abisha

I noticed the Atlantis Aquaventure with lunch is $50 more than without the lunch. If I go with the package that is without the lunch, would I really expect to pay $50 out of pocket (and I know it's a cashless system there) if I just want something like a sandwhich/burger, fries and a drink at an outdoor counterservice eatery? Does that type of eatery exist there, or are you only subjected to something more upscale there (recommendations are welcome)? thanks.

The excursion without the lunch isn't available for every cruise. It shows up in the general excursion list but when I view available excursions for our cruise under "manage my cruise" it isn't listed.

You can do a search on the Bahamas ports of call section. Several have commented that you can get lunch at Shark Bites for a decent price.

I noticed the Atlantis Aquaventure with lunch is $50 more than without the lunch. If I go with the package that is without the lunch, would I really expect to pay $50 out of pocket (and I know it's a cashless system there) if I just want something like a sandwhich/burger, fries and a drink at an outdoor counterservice eatery? Does that type of eatery exist there, or are you only subjected to something more upscale there (recommendations are welcome)? thanks.

There's a nice little group of shops between the Atlantis and the dock where the ferry from the cruise port drops you off. One of the stores when I was there was a Johnny Rockets burger joint. I didn't look at the prices but I'm pretty sure you can get lunch for at least one person for under $50.

I did Atlantis through Carnival and the option without lunch was not available so I did it with lunch. You get a voucher you can use to get a burger or sandwich and drink. The only issue if you can get it without the lunch is all the eatery places are cashless- they dont take credit cards or cash just room charges. So you would have to figure out how to buy a voucher or something for the lunch.

The only issue if you can get it without the lunch is all the eatery places are cashless- they dont take credit cards or cash just room charges. So you would have to figure out how to buy a voucher or something for the lunch.

Get a gift card at the hotel gift shop or front desk. I went to Atlantis last year and that's what we did because we didn't want to pay the credit card fees. However, the gift cards are only available in $25 increments (at least that's how it was when I was there), so plan accordingly.

I did Atlantis through Carnival and the option without lunch was not available so I did it with lunch. You get a voucher you can use to get a burger or sandwich and drink. The only issue if you can get it without the lunch is all the eatery places are cashless- they dont take credit cards or cash just room charges. So you would have to figure out how to buy a voucher or something for the lunch.

http://www.atlantis.com/dining/casualdining/johnnyrockets.aspx

They take cash.

I was at Atlantis in 2009 and they did not take cash, but you can use a credit card to buy food. There are places to buy burgers and french fries and the sort. The food is expensive but not in the amount of $50 for one person. So to answer your question, bring your credit card and do the Aquaventure without lunch.

I was there last October and just got a cab there, purchased a day pass for the aquaventure and bought lunch while there. Definitely works out cheaper and they definitely did accept payment (I believe it was credit card only). It was just a burger/hot dog place and while expensive definitely not $50 per person more. I wouldn't even go through Carnival if I were you, just grab a cab there and back, and buy it on your own once there. It was very easy and includes one picture per person that they take of you while there! We lovedddddd it there! The only reason we aren't going there on our upcoming cruise is because it is so much money and we're only there for such a short amount of time!

Enjoy!

I was there last November. We bought our excursion through Carnival and got option without lunch. We had skipped breakfast on boat and ended having a buffet breakfast onsite. I believe it was $35 per person at the Market place. Some people in my group paid with bot cash and credit card.

Archived