Good hotel deals Galveston

nlt46

Anybody able to report good hotel deals for the end of April? I can't find anything in Galveston under $100. Can't do Priceline because I need 2 queen size beds for 2 adults and 2 kids. I qualify for AARP and AAA. They don't have to have cruise parking as I'm going to park at the Lighthouse Parking. Also, it doesn't have to be on the water, just somewhat near it. Thanks.

Nancy

Anybody able to report good hotel deals for the end of April? I can't find anything in Galveston under $100. Can't do Priceline because I need 2 queen size beds for 2 adults and 2 kids. I qualify for AARP and AAA. They don't have to have cruise parking as I'm going to park at the Lighthouse Parking. Also, it doesn't have to be on the water, just somewhat near it. Thanks.

Nancy

Try the AAA website--they have the Springhill Suites listed for $84.

When Madri Gras hit, we went down on that friday, there were deals at 45+, the same hotel we stayed at on friday it was 80, saturday night went to 140 for the rest of the season, look north. dont do La Marque.

We are staying at the Best Western Beachfront for $53 per night, Monday thru Wednesday the second week in April. This is with my AARP discount. I did book directly through Best Western Website to get this price and from the reviews I read, it has a decent comp breakfast which includes waffles. I also called and there is a mini-fridge in each room. Now....weekend will probably be higher....but worth a try.

You can get a decent price for hotels during the week, but another story for the weekends. This time of year most of the hotels require a 2 night minimum stay and seems like the rates double. Keep checking for last minute deals--if several rooms still available, some will at least cancel the 2 night minimum. The hotel that we had used in Jan & Feb for $75/Sat night stay is now $154 with 2 night min. Like I mentioned previously, the best deal I could find for 4/17/11 was the Springhill Suites AAA rate of $84.

I just checked Hotwire for 4/17/11 and they had the following

3 star-Galveston West 43.00 plus tax based on icons is Baymont Inn and Suites

4 star-Galveston East 93.00 plus tax and based on icons is Hotel Galvez

2 1/2 star Galveston West-33.95 plus tax and based on icons is La Quinta Seawall

I wish those prices and choices would have been available for the night I wanted, the best I could get on Hotwire for Friday 4/29/11 was 59.00 for La Quinta Seawall.

I just checked Hotwire for 4/17/11 and they had the following

3 star-Galveston West 43.00 plus tax based on icons is Baymont Inn and Suites

4 star-Galveston East 93.00 plus tax and based on icons is Hotel Galvez

2 1/2 star Galveston West-33.95 plus tax and based on icons is La Quinta Seawall

I wish those prices and choices would have been available for the night I wanted, the best I could get on Hotwire for Friday 4/29/11 was 59.00 for La Quinta Seawall.

Like I mentioned before, you can get good deals during the week (the above prices are for a Sun night). The majority of cruisers need Sat. night & those prices are very high. I'm with you, wished I could get prices like that for 04/16.

sorry golfpccc, the post before mine said you were looking for 4/17/11 not 4/16/11.

You are correct--sorry about that--I meant to say the best deal I could find for 4/16 was the SpringHill Suites at $84.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Clear Lake/Webster and it was the best hotel!!!!!! Immaculate, has a bar, free breakfast, close to restaurants and about 25 to Galveston cruise terminal. Our stay was for Conquest cruise in March. You won't regret it if you chose this hotel.

Archived