Rum Point??

Boatingmom

No. Rum point is about a 45 minute drive from the pier. We did not see any excursions offered there. Most were for stingray city or 7 mile beach. We got to Rum point with a rental car from Avis. Well worth the effort and it cost us only $60.00 total for 4 people plus about $10 in gas.

It's not a common excursion stop since it's so far from the port area. There's a couple of companies that include it as a stop on their Stingray City excursions, but those are usually fully booked well in advance.

Anyone take a cab to Rum Point? Looks amazing would love to just sit on the beach and take in the sun and a few drinks. Relaxing :)

A taxi from the port area to Rum Point would be about $85 each way:eek:, before tip. You would need to pre-arrange your return trip as there are no taxis or buses that service out to Rum Point. Above comment about renting a car is the best option for visiting Rum Point other than having it as a stop on an excursion.

We did the car rental thing for Rum Point several years ago. It was truly lovely, but felt like a long way from the port. It took us almost an hour to drive each way, and the areas we drove through felt pretty remote. At that time, I didn't think twice about heading out on our own. But now, I am wondering if it was/is prudent to do so, as I feel much more aware of risks of going off by yourself in a foreign country. Please know I am not a novice traveler, and have been to Libya, NORTH Korea, and Venezuela, but not so much on my own. I WANT to go back to Rum Point this year with our adult children on our Dec. cruise. I'm just going to do a bit more research on the feasibilty and advisabilty before deciding.

Archived