Solo Cruising - Assigning a Roommate?!?!

MissKIA

One of our single friends is planning on joining a group on the cruise we have planned. He booked an inside as a single and was told they would find him a roommate to bunk with? :confused: huh?!?! I've never heard of this. Do they actually do this? I think that would be kind of creepy!

That has to be coming from the group coordinator. I can't believe Carnival (or any cruise line) could do that.

If he wants to cruise solo, he might have to pay the second fare, or whatever the current "solo premium" is.

It would be called a single share, if through the cruiseline. I di it once about 8 years ago. I don't think it was on Carnival. It was a 7 day Mexican Riviera out of Port of Long Beach. It's a program where you only pay the price for 1 not 200% and have a chance of getting a roommate...of course same sex, approx age group, etc...You don't know until you get onboard if you have a roomie or not...I did and it was a lot of fun. You can spend as much time or as little time, just have to sleep in the same cabin & share a bathroom!

However, it sounds like your groups situation is different. Maybe trying to save him a lot of money. A solo pays 200%, as the cabins are sold/priced @ double occupancy.

Archived