Bon voyage Spa packages - buy now or wait?

camelia

This one is for the spa afficionados!

I was just browsing the "bon voyage" Aquaspa packages on X's website and wondering: is it more advantageous to buy a spa package prior to departure, or to wait and buy treatments on board? Is there any kind of discount associated with buying many treatments combined in one package? I have heard that spa treatments prices decrease from beginning to end of a given cruise. Is that true? If so, I guess there are no price lists available that I could consult before we leave; if you know of such a price list, I'd like to know where to go to consult it.

Thanks all, I never used spa treatments on our previous cruises. But we'll be on Galaxy this summer for my birthday and I'd like to treat myself to something special! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Camelia:

Last October on Millenium, if you took the spa tour on day one, you could purchase some services at a discount... Example: The Persian garden was $99 for the 14 night cruise, about half of the "normal" price. I think other services were discounted too. Also, there were promotions run during the cruise for other discounts.

I don't know the pre-cruise prices, but you may want to take the tour, see what appeals to you and see what kind of a deal they offer.

Regards

We were on Galaxy in March and the same held true. If you went to the spa when you boarded they were offering tours and special pricing for booking then. If you get there fast enough you can be a "free" model and get a treatment while others are touring the spa. Personally I'd wait and book then or during specials thruout the cruise.
Marilyn

I would also wait until I got on board. In addition to the reasons the previous posters listed, there were usually good discounts offered on in port days. If you buy the shopping coupon book it had some coupons for discounted spa purchases as well. On the Century last December there was a special where you could pick 3 items off a list of several for $70. I did this and it was definitely worth it.

Terri

Skyward - 1989
Carnivale - 1991
Holiday - 1994
Fantasy - 1998
Century - 2002
Century - 2003
Jubilee - 7/04
Century - 9/04
Coral Princess 3/05

Archived