Got to see my 'Heels

ginga

We're sailing on the Sensation on the 26th - this is basically the only week we don't have school or other committments, but unfortunately, this is also NCAA tournament time. Before anyone jumps the gun, yes, we will enjoy the cruise, but I've got to see my Tarheels play. Will the tvs in the room pick up ESPN, Fox Sports, etc., and/or are there bars that will be playing the basketball games?

You will probably be able to see some of the games... can't promise you which ones they will be showing though. But you will be able to at least catch the scores and highlights (of the Tarholes going DOWN!!!!!!! :D )

Oops! Sorry, didn't realize you were talking about watching the games in your room!!! No, you won't be able to see the games in your room... but who would want to? Oh yeah, a Tarheel fan... I understand, watching that in public is just humiliating :D :p Just kiddin witcha!!!

No, you won't be able to see the games in your room... but who would want to?

The OP asked about ESPN and FSN, which are *not* available. But *all* of the games will be aired on CBS which *is* available in-cabin. The question will be whether the OP's games-of-choice will be the ones received by the feed to the ship.

But as GC pointed out, *why* would you want to, when the sports bar will doubtlessly be where all the action is? Unless of course, you really *are* embarrassed about your team. :p

Geez, GoinCruisin, getting pretty feisty... you must be a Dookie. I posted this same question a while ago, too. So the ship does get a CBS feed all of the time? Anyone happen to know if the sports bar would be able to get multiple CBS feeds, hence multiple games???

Typically the ship receives the same network feed that one would receive if they had satellite tv (DISH or DirectTV) service and no local affiliate. The CBS east coast network feed comes from the Erie, PA station.

Thanks everyone - even to the NC State fan - for the info. ;) At least I know I'll get my basketball fix and since THE TARHEELS ARE #2 in the country, if they are showing basketball, I imagine they'll get some exposure and I can keep up with them - and the other ACC teams. These boards have been a great source of information.

Archived