barrier reef/stingray city snorkeling and rum point beach all in one!

kingern61

we will be doing this tour on our april 10 carnival legend cruise. the tour is offered through nativeway watersports. great price and great combination of some of the many must sees in grand cayman. anyone else booked this in the past or planning on in the future?

We did this tour in January 2010. It was really fun. From the port you meet a representive at the gates, they then take you on a short bust ride to their marina. Fom there you'll head out to Stingray city. The guides will get a stingray, and get your pictures with it and all that. Then you will head out to a reef and they will give you punch along the way. The snorkeling stop is a little short and I wish we would have had more time there. Then our boat went to rum point and dropped us off, only my fiance and myself were scheduled to go there. Rum point, as everyone else has said, its beautiful, the food was good and you are there about an hour. Sharon, the co-owner of the company then drove us back to the pier personally. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip because we got to see more of the island and she told us a lot of interesting facts and taught us a lot about the island.

All said and done, I would highly suggest this tour for first timer, and again as everyone else said, whenever I go back, I would just rent a car or find a trip solely to Rum Point.

We did this tour in early March of this year! It was worth every penny....I think it depends on our tourguide, we spent a fair amount of time (? maybe 45 minutes or so) snorkelling, and that was actually plenty of time. We spent approximately 45 minutes or so with the stingrays and about an hour and a half at the beach. It was a great day, and the lunch was provided in the cost. We all tried different things, and we all enjoyed (I had the blackened mahi mahi sandwich and it was great!) The beach at Rum Point Beach was rather crowded, but we were able to get a chair no problem! Enjoy!

we will be doing this tour on our april 10 carnival legend cruise. the tour is offered through nativeway watersports. great price and great combination of some of the many must sees in grand cayman. anyone else booked this in the past or planning on in the future?

We've used them for this tour twice in the past and have booked them again for this November! We always book them privately and not through the ship. (They do offer tours through some of the ships.)

It's a great tour and Rum Point is a very nice beach. The lunch that they serve on the beach is also restaurant quality.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked for this same excursion on April 29th. Would love to hear some feed back on your experience

We are booked to do this excursion on our April 24th and cannot wait!! Would love to hear some more reviews! Do you know if we need extra $ to buy lunch @ rum point? If so how much is the typical lunch?

We did this excursion when we were on the Legend last July. Hanging out with the rays was phenomenal (they were so much bigger than I expected!), snorkling was good, and Rum Point was relaxing! Lunch is included in the package price, but be aware if you plan on buying anything else: they will NOT give you American $ for change, so make sure if you are paying in cash to bring lots of small bills. You'll have a great time!

do they also provide the transportation from/to ship too? I checked their website and couldn't find more information. It looks like they start at 9:30am, enough time? we are going on April,25 from crown princess.

but be aware if you plan on buying anything else: they will NOT give you American $ for change, so make sure if you are paying in cash to bring lots of small bills. You'll have a great time!

We had no problem paying our bill with Visa. Just makes it easier.

I just booked the Rays, Reef & Rumpoint excursion with Native Way last week for our upcoming September cruise through their website. They responded within a few hours. Transportation to and from the port is included.

Archived