Anyone led a group cruise before?

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi Ladydee,

I've been thinking about getting a group cruise together for my co workers. Would love to see your newletters. Please email me at:Crazeecat5@aol.com.

Thanks so much,

Sheryl

I too have been officially labeled "Julie McCoy" by our group of 12 sailing Feb 2006. Hubby and I have sailed 8 times with 2 more booked and all others have never sailed. The pressure is on for me to really wow them and show them what we've been raving about these past years!

Keep the suggestions coming. Much appreciated.....

Ladydee-Me too for the newsletter to:normaxs@insightbb.com

Love the magnet idea. I have neat picture of the ship from the computer I can put on a magnet with the dates, great souvenir.

What an ingenious group we are!

Norma

• 2 weeks later...

Love the ideas on this board! Laydee if you could email me the newsletter that would be great folashade@gmail.com.

I also make goodie bags which I am working on my group cruise in August. I use the money for the rebated cruise towards making goodie bags that are really appreciated (my goal is to spend $10-15 per bag) since I often give group trips I'm known for the fun bags

Some items I include

Shot glass - ( I buy at the dollar store and use stencils and etching cream to add a ship date and ship name)

Picture frame - I found the cutest flip flop frames at Michaels which I paint and add the cruise date to. For men I do rectangular frames with palm trees etc

Tee shirts for men that a cousin of mine stencils the information/logo onto the shirts for me

For the ladies - My cousin has a shop and can get me sarongs very cheap wholesale $2 - $4 range

Ikea also has stripped ziploc bags 10 for 2.00 that I enclose for wet bathing suits

I also do bags to carry your stuff in to the pool.

2 bottles of water

I have all of the above shipped two weeks prior and the TA arranges for a room onboard where I give out everyones goodies.

airport Transfers are included in the cruise price. I also do group reservations for airfare

The most important thing is to write everything down. I have cabin lists, confirmation numbers, deposits paid, all on a spreadsheet on my computer as well as a hard copy (in case of a crash) in a large binder that also has snapshots of giveaways etc.

I also do a website so everyone can get information on the trip and a month before the cruise I send out a reminder postcard.

Oooh, I just love group cruise planning talk.

In the process of planning for Oct 2006 on Freedom. Im waiting for group space to open up. I did plan my first small group of 10 back in Dec 2002 on Voyager and It went very well.

-I had T-Shirts made with the slogan "Cruising - The Pursuit of Happiness" with a picture of the ship on it. I already have the new one for this cruise.

-I made a thank you bag and wrapped it in blue glad wrap with a curly ribbon that included a thank you for coming card for each room. It included: The T-shirts, small snacks/candies, Shout wipes, Lysol spray,Anti-bacterial soap, ziploc bags,pen, small pad and stickies.

I organized the cruise and pre-stay hotel items but I do not do transportation. The airfare and port transporation is on their own.

This time, I'm thinking of having a small raffle ticket included in the invitation for a prize - maybe one of those great RCCL towels that I've read about.

There's plenty of great ideas here and I hope we can keep this thread going.

What I would like to know is if anyone ever used the Royal Reunions package and did you think it was worth the cost? I see that they have revised the pricing and have added a few more activities

Ladydee,I would also like a copy of the newsletter as I plan to send my first one out in June. Im still trying to decide on which publishing software is best.

BevMoney@msn.com

Thanks

Another little thing I did was to have one of our group make a small "banner flag" with our group name on it. Whenever we went up to the pool deck, or out on the beach on CoCo Cay we had the banner up. Made an easy way to find the main group....

Have a great cruise...

That's such a great idea.

Nitra,

I would like to use the money to do something for the group as well. When you divide up the priced of an inside berth, it doesn't add up to much to give each party a credit, so I thought it would be nicer to order something for each room or throw a party for our group. Do you have any idea how much RCCL charges for a party and what might be included? Thanks for any tips you can provide.

Donna

I didn't see this thread when I posted a question about the basics of setting up a group cruise. This one seems to cover more of the planning stages after the initial setup, where my question was more on how to just get started.

The two threads are somewhat related, so here is the link to the other one:

How do you set up a group cruise?

Both threads have been very helpful!

Theron

We have 23 from Ohio going on the Mariner Father's Day cruise. WE have our own website and our group keeps up to date with that site as to changes,etc. Everyone is coordinating their own air and hotel pre-cruise. They are also doing their own shore excursions (we chartered our own boat in Gr. Cayman for Sting Ray city). We share a group number. We are all wearing the same T-shirts and are meeting at a given location when we board. We are going to confirm dining seating when we board,but would place early seating a priority over sitting together, since alot of us have children. We are looking forward to spending the time together on the ship, but don't feel the pressure to be together constantly. I'm hosting a cruise party where we will distribute final information 7 weeks before the cruise. We are looking forward to this. I printed out Bingo cards and will use goldfish crackers as the markers. I cut up an RCCL brochure for picturesque "free" spaces. It should be fun! I'll give away disposable cameras and silly cruise gifts w/ the bingo. I also bought a dance video of popular group dances to play in teh background and video taped all The recent travel channel cruise/voyager videos if someone wants to watch them. We will serve Mexican food since we are going to Cozumel. I am looking forward to this party!

Karen

Archived