Snorkling in St Thomas

helovestrains

Hi, we are hoping to go snorkling while in Saint Thomas. It will probably be just the two of us and hope to do this on our own. Not quite sure which beach we will be headed to (secret harbour and grand trunk seem to be popular choices). My question is what do you do with your stuff that you bring with you. I am concerned with leaving my beach bag on the beach since it will have money, personal items and passport (still haven't figured out if we should take it with us or leave it on the ship). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Leave your passport on the ship, St Thomas is a US Virgin Island, don't take the chance of something happening to it. I usually don't take too much cash off with me, and generally if you are at a beach with other cruisers they will not mind watching your stuff for a short period of time if you are seated close by. I wouldn't leave a real expensive camera or anything like that, but just the regular stuff I think you will be ok. As far as cash, ID, and possibly credit card, I would suggest those little water proof plastic holders that go around your neck or wrist.

Hi leave your pass port and and extra cash etc on the ship...... Just take enough money for taxi's, take a credit card which you can use for drinks-food and take it snorkeling with you, after all its plastic and even if your bills are wet they will still take them....... Its ok to leave your towels sunscreen on the beach, but do not leave any thing of value. Secert harbor has resturant-bar right on the beach, sapphire is awesome beach with pretty good snorkeling too

Hi leave your pass port and and extra cash etc on the ship...... Just take enough money for taxi's, take a credit card which you can use for drinks-food and take it snorkeling with you, after all its plastic and even if your bills are wet they will still take them....... Its ok to leave your towels sunscreen on the beach, but do not leave any thing of value. Secert harbor has resturant-bar right on the beach, sapphire is awesome beach with pretty good snorkeling too

Hi, we are hoping to go snorkling while in Saint Thomas. It will probably be just the two of us and hope to do this on our own. Not quite sure which beach we will be headed to (secret harbour and grand trunk seem to be popular choices). My question is what do you do with your stuff that you bring with you. I am concerned with leaving my beach bag on the beach since it will have money, personal items and passport (still haven't figured out if we should take it with us or leave it on the ship). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

I scan my passport photo page and carry that with me. My passport is always locked in the safe. Also, I bought a waterproof pouch online for about $12 that I put my cash, sail card, passport copy, and credit card in. I bury it in the sand when I go in the water (unobtrusively, of course). Plus, it's really hard to get away from CC folks! Once you've been on the boards with them pre-cruise, they turn up everywhere you go and will watch your stuff for you. It's a good thing---:) I like Coki Beach in St. Thomas - good walk-out snorkeling.

Archived