Golf Simulator?

MaryL31

Has anyone tried the "golf simulator" on board? Does Zenith have one?

I am not a golfer, but DH is...he plans on golfing in Bermuda, but I just checked out the Celebrity golf site and it sounds interesting...although I'm not sure exactly what it is and the cost. I just want DH to have a great time, as this is his first cruise...and I'm hoping the "cruise bug" will get him so that there will be many more cruises in our future...Thanks for any info...

Mary

Has anyone tried the "golf simulator" on board? Does Zenith have one?

I am not a golfer, but DH is...he plans on golfing in Bermuda, but I just checked out the Celebrity golf site and it sounds interesting...although I'm not sure exactly what it is and the cost. I just want DH to have a great time, as this is his first cruise...and I'm hoping the "cruise bug" will get him so that there will be many more cruises in our future...Thanks for any info...

Mary

Unless someone else pipes up with Zenith-specific info, you may need to call Celebrity on this one (but I bet someone does). The Zenith is one of the smallest of Celebrity's ships, and while it's never excluded in the descriptions of the at-sea golf programs, it certainly wasn't one of the ships that received a simulator early in the introduction of the program, and I'm at a loss as to where they'd put one. Then again, I was surprised at where they managed to wedge one into the Galaxy, but that's a bigger boat. The deck plans still don't show one for the Zenith.

http://www.celebritycruisesgolf.com/instruction.cfm

The V1 system is annoyingly (if your golf game is like mine, anyway) accurate :( and provides great information about both the angle of the swing and the clubface at impact. I've spent a fair bit of time behind one, and the instant feedback that, for example, you get from grip to impact angle is a great way to make some decisions about your swing. It can make a good tuning tool for your hubby.

I've used them on the M-Class and C-Class ships, but way back when we were on the Zenith, this equipment wasn't available.

I don't recall a simulator on the Zenith. There was a golf pro onboard and they did have an area at the rear of deck 9 (I believe) which you could hit golf balls into (like a simulator). This could have been a simulator, I didn't really notice if it had electronics. I would think not given it's location on the ship.

What about on the Mille? What is it like?
Per previous post -- M-Class ships (Millennium, Summit, Infinity, Constellation) have simulators, and they're located in the same place on the ship. On all but the Millennium, there's a flower shop there. On the Millennium, it may still be a sports bar. But the simulator area is accessed from there.

Last time I was on the Galaxy (C-Class), the simulator area was accessed from the top deck through an outside door.

Also as previously noted, these are V1 simulators.

Prices vary depending upon the length of time you book and how many are doing it with you.

Could you give a general price range? My DH plays v golf in the off season, but had heard the ship prices were way out there!!:eek:
My recollection is that it ran $50/hr and $30/halfhr, but that can be split up among two or more players. When I get home tonight, I'll pull out the old receipts and give a more accurate assessment of both that and lesson charges.

As a point of comparison, Vgolf in this neck of the woods tends to run from between $25 and $30/hr.

Archived