A couple questions...

wvliz

When they say that you can bring a case of water/soda in your carry on luggage, does this mean that it has to actually be IN your luggage, or just that you have to physically carry it with you to your room? Also, do they want to x-ray your soda/water?

I have read conflicting things on bringing an extension cord/extra outlets. Can anyone confirm that as long as what I'm bringing has a surge protector, it's allowed?

When they say that you can bring a case of water/soda in your carry on luggage, does this mean that it has to actually be IN your luggage, or just that you have to physically carry it with you to your room? Also, do they want to x-ray your soda/water?

I have read conflicting things on bringing an extension cord/extra outlets. Can anyone confirm that as long as what I'm bringing has a surge protector, it's allowed?

I thought it was a 12pk of water or soda and I did read on Carnivals website that surge protectors were allowed if they were deemed in good condition. I copied this off of thier website to take with me.

Miscellaneous Concerns:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

• Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Each person may bring a package of 12 nonalcoholic drinks IN YOUR CARRY ON ONLY.

You can carry them on or put them in your carry on. I put them in my carry on.

PS yes everything is xrayed, no matter if you carry it on, or its checked. You then step thru a metal detector and if your pockets protrude, Iv been patted down on the pockets.

If you have layers on ..like a hoodie, you will be asked to remove it before stepping thru the metal detector.

It's really a 12 pack per person and it's not necessary to have it IN your carry on luggage... just that you carry it on.

:)

Each person may bring a package of 12 nonalcoholic drinks IN YOUR CARRY ON ONLY.

You can carry them on or put them in your carry on. I put them in my carry on.

PS yes everything is xrayed, no matter if you carry it on, or its checked. You then step thru a metal detector and if your pockets protrude, Iv been patted down on the pockets.

If you have layers on ..like a hoodie, you will be asked to remove it before stepping thru the metal detector.

EVERYTHING is xrayed? What about cameras and stuff, will they hand check those? Does it mess up a digital camera to be xrayed?

Everything is xrayed digital cameras are fine. It was the old high speed film that had to be hand searched.

Ooohh... so.. if I have, say, a disposable underwater camera... I need to make sure it doesn't get x-rayed?

Sailed on the Dream last week out of Port Canaveral. We brought a six pack of water and a six of Diet Coke in a plastic bag. We saw everything from cases of water and soft drinks carried on to assorted six and twelve packs of water and soda.

We always bring a small power strip and put it away each morning when we are leaving the cabin. No hassles no worries.

Archived