Atlantis Cruise to Mexico....clothing?

RMS Olympic

Although I know what to wear on an RSVP cruise.....is Atlantis more casual?

In particular the clothing in public rooms in the evening.....is there a dress code or does everyone do their own thing? Is there a formal night......or suit night? Are jeans the common item?

If I had my way I'd leave the tux at home and wear flip flops, jeans and a knit shirt to dinner every night....

Any comments and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

One last question for those that did the same cruise last year...was the gym a mad house everyday or did it die out as people got party pooped and slept in? I am an early riser and would like to hit the gym as soon as it opens up.

Thanks.

Tom in cabin 7512.....and am ready to go......October better get here fast!

Although I have only had one Atlantis cruise experience so far, it was very casual. For the most part there was no dress code. I will say that the themed deck parties were a blast with many people participating with some great outfits/costumes. I really enjoyed my experience and am sailing Atlantis again this year to Alaska.

Hey Captain,

Leave your tux at home! The Mexican Riviera is on the RCCL ships, so they do not have a fine dining restaurant like the Millennium ships do at Celebrity and even then, you didn't need a tux to eat in the premium restaurants. Casual resort wear is best. A nice button down for dinner and jeans are ok, so long as they aren't ripped. Dinner times Atlantis does not allow for shorts. Outside of that, everythings game!

As for deck parties, generally these are the themes so you know what to bring:

White Party (Atlantis does a really good job for this party, you know what to wear ;) )

Dog-Tag T-Dance - If you want to be festive, bring something military related to wear, like army boots and fatigued pants or shorts. Most people don't wear shirts but if you're going to, think camouflage to be themed.

Mardi Gras Deck Party - Feathers and frills are the norm here. Get an elaborate costume with feathers or something and a mask is definitely a good thing to get too.

Classic Disco T-Dance - Find your afro hairdos! Bell bottoms and disco ball necklaces are the norm during this T-Dance which is usually one of the last days of the cruise.

There will a themed party of some beach resort wear nature during the evening, but the name changes depending on what cruise you're on so just be prepared for an outfit that you could wear as your swimming trunks, dress as a tourist or general traveller look is fine too!

Hope this helps!

Jake

P.S. Done four Atlantis cruises, so if you got a question email me or post and I'll respond! Spring Break is here!!!

Atlantis Cruises Done:

NCL Dawn 1/03 (Caribbean)

RCCL Splendour 8/03 (Europe)

Celebrity Millennium 1/04 (Caribbean)

Celebrity Millennium 8/04 (Olympics/Europe)

Archived