Misty Bay Lodge, Hoonah

annie22

I have been trying to get a hold of someone at Misty Bay Lodge for about 3 weeks. I have sent several emails to a number of different individuals, but have yet to receive any responses. Has anyone had any recent contact with them?

Thanks

Annie22

I just booked a trip with Hope last week. I emailed them and had a response within the hour. I called her and she promptly returned my phone call. She has been extremely nice and helpful trying to arrange a bear trip for us. They are picking us at the dock following our whale watching trip. I emailed her at danhopester@gmail.com, I don't know if that is the same address that you have.

I too have been able to contact Hope and make our arrangements for the whale watch we've got booked. I had sent them an initial email back in January and Hope responded the next day with a long, informative email about all the excursions they offer - whale watch, bear search, and Hoonah highlights. We weren't prepared to book at that time so I didn't respond.

BUT on Valentine's Day evening, as I was on Cruise Critic reading a question about Misty Bay Lodge - my phone rang, caller ID showed an Alaska phone number (imagine the Twilight Zone music playing in my head..;).) and it was Hope's husband Dan, following up on her initial email to me. Great customer service!!!

I do believe one of the email addresses on their website is no longer in use, which may be the problem you are experiencing. My niece had emailed her deposit information to an email address she found on the website and never heard back from Hope. I then sent mine to the email address of danhopester@gmail.com, and got an immediate response. I also then called her and we firmed up our plans - the phone number I used is 907-723-9452. Really nice folks, and we're so looking forward to our whale watch with them. Good luck - keep tryin'!

Hope at Misty Bay Lodge was so nice when I spoke with her to book our upcoming whale watch. She spent about 30 minutes on the phone with me answering questions and not all of them pertaining to the tour. In saying that though EVERYONE I have spoken to in Alaska has been soooooooo nice. :)

Archived