Coolest/Neatest place on the Star Princess

Embracedbylife

Boarding May 18 and wondering are there any cool/neat places to explore that might be rather new from the last dry dock or that are "secret" places I could try to find? Looking for a fun exploration on our first day!! We were on the Star in 2005 but some things have changed, and it was our first cruise so we didn't explore as much as I wished we had - we were getting lost LOL. Now I think I can navigate freely!!

We "almost" were to sail with you, but when Alexandria was pulled from the itinerary, we opted to wait until things settled down and sail then. I really want to find "Gamel" the camel as described by Sailorjack and have a ride. It's on my bucket list.

We sailed on Star on her first outing after her 9/08 refitting; or half-fitting as it didn't get finished. The refitting took place in a pier in nearby San Francisco.

After we boarded, I noticed that a piece of the MUTS screen framing was missing. A ship's officer told me that the screen was installed in Seattle and that the piece fell off during Star's transit to the refitting pier. We didn't get MUTS until the final night.

Anyway, my favorite place, which was not a secret, is the IC and neighboring Vines. We didn't have this marvelous venue in our prior Princess sailings. I now have breakfast in IC where seating is ample and "real" coffee is available. At lunch, I have a wine flight with my croissant sandwich and salad. Retired life is good.

Happy sailing on 5/18. We initiated Plan B and will be lounging in Kauai and Oahu while you enjoy Istanbul. Hope to see you on a future voyage.

Boarding May 18 and wondering are there any cool/neat places to explore that might be rather new from the last dry dock or that are "secret" places I could try to find? Looking for a fun exploration on our first day!! We were on the Star in 2005 but some things have changed, and it was our first cruise so we didn't explore as much as I wished we had - we were getting lost LOL. Now I think I can navigate freely!!

We were also on the Star in 2005 (TA from FLL to CPH) and we just got off the Star on Thursday (29 days from SCL to RIO to FLL). If there are any wonderful secret places, I sure don't know about them.

Leaving on the Star on 5/3/11 I'll be looking for that "door"

Good tip on the IC, after 28 cruises I have yet to figure out why ALL the cruise lines waste so much money making super strong coffee that few people enjoy.

Archived