Using the Apple iPad on Carnival Freedom

hetrickr

Heading out on the Carnival Freedom in less than two weeks and was wondering if anyone has any experience using the iPad with the ships bow to stern wireless service. I would expect it works as well as using a laptop, but would like to hear from anyone that has actually used one on the ship.

Heading out on the Carnival Freedom in less than two weeks and was wondering if anyone has any experience using the iPad with the ships bow to stern wireless service. I would expect it works as well as using a laptop, but would like to hear from anyone that has actually used one on the ship.
I used mine last year on the Spirit, and it worked fine. Bought the $55.00 internet package and was able to connect to the ships WiFi to send emails, web browse, etc.

While the ships internet is slow as molasses on a January day in Alaska, you'll still be able to connect to the ships WiFi in the same areas as anyone with a laptop can connect.

Thanks for the responses. I typically use my laptop on cruises and have learned to deal with the very sloooooow connection speeds by reading and composing emails off-line. I wasn't sure how that would work on the iPad. I guess I can turn the 3G/wireless to off while at home and see how it works.

Archived