Positive Review of the EPIC

Rollingstone43

Hi - just wanted to say that I had a fantastic two weeks aboard the EPIC w/c 5th and 12th March, a review of which I have now posted under the title "Epic in every sense of the word"..........

....in case anyone cares.............:D

Glad you had a good time. Here is the link for folks to make it easier:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80694

Loved your review. I am also a Brit so nice to see things from a British perspective.

Your wife sounds like me. I am currently researching for our Epic cruise in June, from Barcelona, so am researching that city and the ports and also for a cruise later this year on the Spirit out of New Orleans.

Jean

Hi - just wanted to say that I had a fantastic two weeks aboard the EPIC w/c 5th and 12th March, a review of which I have now posted under the title "Epic in every sense of the word"..........

I cared and am glad to hear you had a great time, and enjoyed your very positive review. I board on Saturday, and simply can't wait to enjoy the Epic the way you two did. Thanks so much for posting!:D

Hello

Wife of Rollingstone43 here. I have been a bit slow posting my review which will follow - still basking in the wonderful memory that was our holiday! But here are a few thoughts.

I spent so long planning and researching it could have been a huge disappointment but as my hubby says it was absolutely the best - honestly a really memorable moment in our lives!!! As well as being totally pampered we met lovely people including all the Epic staff from the officers through to the waiters, stewards, bar staff and also the entertainers!!!! As a result of cruise critic we also met lots of lovely people on line before we went and have forged really strong friendships on the back of our holiday. The entertainment was absolutely wonderful - my personal favourite was Howl at the Moon and my piano lesson with Tommy is a memory that will stay with me - I just need to start practising hard now.

Whilst I really understand that reviews are about personal opinions, I do struggle to understand how we can have such different experiences. I am just really delighted that ours was such a good one. I could have cried when we left the ship...and struggled not to!!!

I really hope that those you with holidays to come throw yourselves into it and live each moment so that when you look back you will feel as warm as we do with our wonderful Epic memories!!! (Oh gosh....here I go filling up again.......).

Happy holidays/vacations!!!

Hello

Wife of Rollingstone43 here. I have been a bit slow posting my review which will follow - still basking in the wonderful memory that was our holiday! But here are a few thoughts.

I spent so long planning and researching it could have been a huge disappointment but as my hubby says it was absolutely the best - honestly a really memorable moment in our lives!!! As well as being totally pampered we met lovely people including all the Epic staff from the officers through to the waiters, stewards, bar staff and also the entertainers!!!! As a result of cruise critic we also met lots of lovely people on line before we went and have forged really strong friendships on the back of our holiday. The entertainment was absolutely wonderful - my personal favourite was Howl at the Moon and my piano lesson with Tommy is a memory that will stay with me - I just need to start practising hard now.

Whilst I really understand that reviews are about personal opinions, I do struggle to understand how we can have such different experiences. I am just really delighted that ours was such a good one. I could have cried when we left the ship...and struggled not to!!!

I really hope that those you with holidays to come throw yourselves into it and live each moment so that when you look back you will feel as warm as we do with our wonderful Epic memories!!! (Oh gosh....here I go filling up again.......).

Happy holidays/vacations!!!

We just booked and I was a tad uncomfortable since I had not read very good reviews. We need to go at Easter time and the only other ship was the Pearl (which I loved), however, was unfortunately going to the same ports that our travelling companions had been to. Since this will be their second cruise, I thought that unfair. SOOO glad to see your happiness at the Epic. I will try to keep a positive attitude. Please Post Away!!!:)

Rollingstone was kind enough to participate in the "Myth Busters" thread after my family returned from our Epic cruise. I'm very glad to learn that your cruise went as well as ours did.

I, too, am amazed that experiences can be sooooo different. Food and entertainment are subjective, but I truly believe Epic offers plenty that is within the "acceptable" range for the vast majority.

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Great review - sounds like you had a blast! Love the "steakfest" comment. We will be on the Epic in June and can't wait! Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Isabella, you will be very welcome to join the roll call for your June cruise.

You will find it here

Nice bunch of folks signed up so far.

Jean

Thank you for your review!! We are in the same room in September and Can't wait!!!

Archived