Marriott Day Pass 7-Mile Beach

mlitten30

I was there last week.

I called and emailed in advance and was told the same thing: if available a day room could be had for $205 plus resort fee plus tax. The front desk claimed no day passes during high season. So I won the room on Priceline - with taxes and fees I paid $140. At the resort I met a couple who said they were able to buy day passes for $10 each. Oh well.

I thought the beach was extremely crowded with chairs and people - we were sitting on top of each other which I hate. We got there at about 10 and ended up in the third of four rows from the water. It got very crowded until about 1 when the crowd thinned. Still no seats in the first or second row. Umbrellas were free. Food was standard and beach service was good. There was a doorman to get a cab back. I never saw my room but it was ready when I checked out.

I think I prefer Beach Suites because there is more room on the beach. But I think during high season there is a good chance any of these places might turn you away.

Archived