Allure March 20-27, review and pics!!

sharod

Very nice and thanks for sharing those great photos. I agree with you about Chicago. We really enjoyed Hairspray on the Oasis but Chicago could not end fast enough for us. The performers were very talented but the show moved too slow. We will skip it in June.

One thing that we will miss in June is the other ships in port. We will be by ourself all week.

While I enjoyed Chicago...when it ended I turned to my wife and said "this show while good just didn't have the spark that Hairspray has". I have seen Hairspray 2X on Oasis and have immensely enjoyed it both times.....just something about that show that works better.

Thank you for your review and pictures. As far as Chicago, I've seen it on Broadway and it definitely was not one of my favorites. We have reservations for a 10:30 show :eek:. I'm not sure if we will make it through without falling asleep. :o:)

Three weeks from today I'll be heading to Florida, followed by the Allure on the 24th. These reviews just get me more excited! Love the pictures of the solarium. I can't wait to see it for myself! Thanks again for sharing.

While I enjoyed Chicago...when it ended I turned to my wife and said "this show while good just didn't have the spark that Hairspray has". I have seen Hairspray 2X on Oasis and have immensely enjoyed it both times.....just something about that show that works better.

For us it was Hairspray seemed much up tempo. Chicago put us asleep.

Thank you for your review and pictures. As far as Chicago, I've seen it on Broadway and it definitely was not one of my favorites. We have reservations for a 10:30 show :eek:. I'm not sure if we will make it through without falling asleep. :o:)

Three weeks from today I'll be heading to Florida, followed by the Allure on the 24th. These reviews just get me more excited! Love the pictures of the solarium. I can't wait to see it for myself! Thanks again for sharing.

Enjoy Mary....and have a pie at Lee's for me:)

For us it was Hairspray seemed much up tempo. Chicago put us asleep.

I never quite understood them choosing Chicago ....in recently speaking with the entertainment director I found they can't even have an afternoon showing like they do with Hairspray due to Chicago's "mature" theme and costuming. Grease or Mama Mia would have been a much better and more upbeat/fun pick for a family ship IMO. In any case Chicago I am told is going to be at least a 3 year investment.....so no changes anytime soon.

I never quite understood them choosing Chicago ....in recently speaking with the entertainment director I found they can't even have an afternoon showing like they do with Hairspray due to Chicago's "mature" theme and costuming. Grease or Mama Mia would have been a much better and more upbeat/fun pick for a family ship IMO. In any case Chicago I am told is going to be at least a 3 year investment.....so no changes anytime soon.

I was told on the Allure back in January that RCI is still working to gain the rights for Mama Mia to place on the Freedom. Guess time will tell but I agree that Mama Mia or Grease would have worked out much better. My sister is on the Allure this week. They did not book Chicago.

Glad that my group was not the only one to not care for Chicago.

Yes, can't quite put my finger on why 'Chicago' gets me restless and wanting to leave. It certainly isn't the performers. Is it the length?

Yes, can't quite put my finger on why 'Chicago' gets me restless and wanting to leave. It certainly isn't the performers. Is it the length?

I think it is because it really doesn't hold my interest, that it makes the time seem even LONGER!!!

Sharon - Thanks for the review & great pictures. We were on the Allure the week of March 6. I'm still downloading my pictures. So far I'd say your pictures are much better than mine, but you have a better camera.

My husband didn't go to Chicago, but I did. I felt the same way that I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would be.

We loved the ship, & I'm sure we'll go on it again. Started a list of some things we didn't do or see.

Gail

This pic of the Flowrider seems odd....is the FlowRider double sided now? 2 riders can go at the same time as there is a divider in the middle?

Flow Rider

AllureoftheSeas2011244.jpg

There are 2 FlowRiders near each other. They are on each side of the Wipe Out Bar. The other one is the one that they stand on the board.

Gail

Great review Sharon. We were on the same cruise, and we absolutely loved the Allure too. We also booked Bernard's Tour and "Mailman" was our guide. I believe it was you that handed "Fred" the sea urchin to me.... We loved Bernard's Tour. We have a similiar opinion of Chicago. The performers were top notch, just seemed long to us. Our rez was late at night, and after so much sun, many drinks, and tons of food....I found myself struggling to stay awake! We enjoyed all the other shows ( I booked them all online as soon as they became avail).

Sharon,

Where did you see the motorcycle? One day we were up on the top deck getting a little vitamin D and we heard it. I didn't know it was the Captains.

It was down on the gangway, I believe at the front of the ship. Funny thing, when I showed my hubby the pic, he doesn't remember seeing the trailer. He must have tunnel vision!

Great review Sharon. We were on the same cruise, and we absolutely loved the Allure too. We also booked Bernard's Tour and "Mailman" was our guide. I believe it was you that handed "Fred" the sea urchin to me.... We loved Bernard's Tour. We have a similiar opinion of Chicago. The performers were top notch, just seemed long to us. Our rez was late at night, and after so much sun, many drinks, and tons of food....I found myself struggling to stay awake! We enjoyed all the other shows ( I booked them all online as soon as they became avail).

Yes, that was me!!! Ha ha, too funny! I tend to name things:D. "Fred" just came to mind. I had to keep poking my hubby to keep him awake during Chicago.

I had to keep poking my hubby to keep him awake during Chicago.

I went alone as my hubby hates musicals :p, but I wish he would have gone though because I DID fall asleep!!! :eek:

I went to the late show on our first night and was so tired that I had to rest my eyes for just a moment... or two.

Gosh, I hope I didn't snore! LOL

Archived