Katakolon Options in addition to Olympia?

debldp

Has anyone been to Chemoutsi, a Frankish castle? (Sorry, I am not sure of the spelling.) Is it worth going to if we are renting a car and are planning to go to Olympia?

Also, the Mercouri Estate Winery...Is this worth going to?

Has anyone been to Chemoutsi, a Frankish castle? (Sorry, I am not sure of the spelling.) Is it worth going to if we are renting a car and are planning to go to Olympia?

Also, the Mercouri Estate Winery...Is this worth going to?

Chlemoutsi castle is large and quite well maintained I can't remember the ticket price somewhere around 3-5 Euros. It's quite well signposted along the National highway near Kyllini.

Mercouri is good if you like wine tasting, personally I enjoy sitting in a local taverna eating a snack (meze) with a half liter of local wine - very good.

Kaifas Lake

Is also not far away - thermal springs, pine trees and the sea a very tranquil place.

Epicurius Apollo

Is an amazing place there are the central ruins but in an enclosure is the Temple dedicated to Apollo - I really enjoyed visiting it you can get up close and personal to the Temple and hardly anyone about.

Caution: you'll need 3 hours minimum to get there and back.

Beaches

I love Zacharo about 40 minutes from Katakolon - closest is Kourouta beach but its too touristy for my tastes.

Enjoy your visit to Greece :cool:

Archived