Nice - Independent Travel or P&O Excursion?

russ331

I'm on Ventura 29th April. 14 nights. On 5th May we're at Monaco / Monte Carlo via tender. Been there before, so prefer to visit Nice. Should we book a P&O tour, or can we just go ashore & easily get a bus or train without a long walk to a terminus? Your experience is appreciated.

Regular, cheap (1eu last time I was there) bus from Monte Carlo to Nice. Train may be easier, however, as the old bus station has just been demolished and the bus stops seem to be a tad random at present. As previous poster said, bit of a walk from Nice Ville station to the Old Town (about half an hour), so use the tram.

Suggest you go to Nice in the morning, for the flower and produce market, then enjoy a wander around the Old Town and Promenade des Anglais (adjacent to each other) - it's a wonderful city and very easy to do the interesting bits on foot. Alternatively, there's a mini-train that picks up on the Promenade, well signed.

Mary

We were at Villefranche last october and got the bus both ways into Monaco and back it's the same bus that goes on to Nice and we only paid 1 euro each way, the only down side to it is the bus was very crowded and we had to stand both ways but he busses run very regular about every 20 minutes I think from memory. If you look on the internet you can download the timetable and route.

Archived