Have you used internet service on board???

Lydia B.

If you have used Carnival's internet service then can you please answer a couple of questions?

.Are you assisgned a Carnival name and password or once you are on the internet do you just go to your current ISP and use the net based system. For instance I am on ATT so do I go to the ATT website?

. Can you compose your e-mails off line and then go online and hit send in order to save valuable minutes?

Your input and experience is apprecaited. Lydia of Ohio

You log on using your name and stateroom number. That can take you to the www and you can go anywhere you want from there in MicroSoft software. There is an activation fee paid the first time you use ($4.95 I think) then it's a simple 75 cents per min. unless you buy one of the min. plans for at least $100. Yes you can go to your ATT website and log in there to recieve your emails and you can compose off line and send but beware many times due to statelite transmissions it can be as slow as dail-up. So don't think you can save this way. It's costly either way by the min. or their plan. I prefer the 30 min. for $3 found in most all Ports at their local internet cafes and they are generally high speed. Some Ports have local libraries and it's free to use for 30 min. I'd rather spend 30 min. and $3 to get it done fast then $50 to get the same amount done slow.

Just got off the Victory. Purchased a packaged for $55.95 for 100 minutes and the initial fee was $3.95 - It is very slow, if you are used to broadband, it's like the speed of AOL 10 years ago. But it was a great benefit for us to contact people at home, much better than paying $6.99 per minute to use the phone. Just set up an e-mail with yahoo or hotmail and you can sign into those sights rather quickly (on the desktops) and send and receive messages. If you want to use the carnival e-mail they charge you per e-mail which is a rip off. Oh, and if you bring your laptop, you can buy wireless minutes - they were $25.95 for 100 minutes.

Have fun and don't spend to much time on the internet.

Just got off the Victory. Purchased a packaged for $55.95 for 100 minutes and the initial fee was $3.95 - It is very slow, if you are used to broadband, it's like the speed of AOL 10 years ago. But it was a great benefit for us to contact people at home, much better than paying $6.99 per minute to use the phone. Just set up an e-mail with yahoo or hotmail and you can sign into those sights rather quickly (on the desktops) and send and receive messages. If you want to use the carnival e-mail they charge you per e-mail which is a rip off. Oh, and if you bring your laptop, you can buy wireless minutes - they were $25.95 for 100 minutes.

Have fun and don't spend to much time on the internet.

I do this also. I set up a "cruising" account on yahoo or hotmail. I give this email address only to family and friends that I want or need to stay in touch with when cruising. I give this address to no one else, nor do I visit any web site (prevents junk and spam mail from clogging up mailbox & increasing loading time while on ship). I usually buy the least amount of package time and just shoot off a quick email back to home. It has worked well for me. My family know I check it twice a day (am and pm) and they have the emergency phone number on Carnival just in case.

just an idea, on the valor i used my computer with thw wireless... connection is slow, but if you want to stay in touch with family, i think this is the best idea, arrange a time to talk, i used yahoo messenger, and the voice chat, you can talk back and forth freely, with out the high price phone calls, i will agree it is all a bit expensive but nice to here voices ( sometimes ) lol

Plus dont kake the same mistake i did, check before you leave to make sure your cell phone will work at the ports you visit.. I took my nextell on the eastern trip and it was worthless once we left florida ...

Archived