Shasa or Captain Ron

misand

We toured with Shasa this past January and had a wonderful time. We chose the 5 hour tour and it was $80pp, included 2 snorkeling stops (one with turtles), drinks, lunch, and transportation. You can also opt for the 3 hour tour which includes all except lunch. Lunch and drinks were fabulous. Jason (the owner) is a great host for the day. Highly recommended! :)

We toured with Shasa this past January and had a wonderful time. We chose the 5 hour tour and it was $80pp, included 2 snorkeling stops (one with turtles), drinks, lunch, and transportation. You can also opt for the 3 hour tour which includes all except lunch. Lunch and drinks were fabulous. Jason (the owner) is a great host for the day. Highly recommended! :)

Great Thanks,

Did the boat seem big enough? Did you ever go to a beach area?

Yep, the boat was plenty big and they only take a max of 12 people. On the 5 hour tour, we anchored in a little cove for lunch and you could swim to the beach or snorkel again if you wanted. We spent about 45 minutes there.

Did you take pictures? If so I would love to see them!

The only thing I worry about with Shasa, you must fill a form out with your credit card info attached. Whenever you get there you can only pay cash. I know they need your info to reserve you spot. I just have reservations about it.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=proud2be1rrt&date=5-1-2011&text=Southern Caribbean&ship=Carnival Victory

The only thing I worry about with Shasa, you must fill a form out with your credit card info attached. Whenever you get there you can only pay cash. I know they need your info to reserve you spot. I just have reservations about it.

They charge 50% cancellation fee if you fail to show up, that's why they ask for your credit card #. Since they only book 12 passengers per day, they aren't completely losing out if a group doesn't show. I booked a tour in St. Kitts that didn't require a deposit or credit card to hold and 13 people from my ship failed to show up for the tour and the tour guide couldn't find anyone else looking for a tour to join to make up for it. That operator was out that anticipated business for the day...

We just got back from Barbados.We booked with Calabaza,Gina runs a great tour.The price was 100 bucks per person and they only take twelve people.It was the best excursion we took on this cruise.The price includes beer,soda,water,rum punch and a very good lunch.The Cat. is bigger than Shasa's but goes with the same number of people.It's a 47 foot Cat.Check them out.Mike.

http://www.calabazasailingcruises.com/

I have done the Shasa excursion twice, and it is my favorite of the many, many excursions I have taken. First time we did the 5 hour tour, and it was divine with plenty of time to snorkel, swim and eat a fantastic lunch. This past time we chose the 3 hour tour due to our arrival time in Barbados, and the fact that one of our group doesn't snorkel. It was just as wonderful as the first time, minus lunch. I could listen to Jason talk all day, he is so warm and friendly. Be sure and try the Banks Beer - best beer in the Caribbean and it tastes even better on the Shasa!

2216960680044824703S500x500Q85.jpg

2063295540044824703S500x500Q85.jpg

2920142490044824703S500x500Q85.jpg

2541088490044824703S500x500Q85.jpg

I, too have to sing the praises of Jason and his assistant Julius. We just returned from our cruise 4/3-4/10 and we sailed with Jason on the 5th. We snorkel on every cruise that we go on and this was by far the most enjoyable day I've ever had. Jason and his wife Tess go out of their way to make it an intimate setting. We had eleven on our day, a family of 5(repeat customers), another of 4, and my ds and myself. It sure made me glad we didn't book on one of the S/E that were big and overcrowded. Julius made sure that you got to take all the pictures you wanted...he's a gem. We all did the 5 hour trip. Lunch was devine, and one of the last posters was right, Banks beer is the best beer of the Caribbean. I tried them all out(lol). I will definitely snorkel with Shasa again.

Archived