Busch Gardens

angy400

Hi all,

We are considering adding two days to our time in Tampa to see Busch Gardens. Is two days too many? Also, I am a bit confused at what the admission ticket covers. I have noticed there are many extra tours available with the animals. I want to go to see the animals and shows..not rides. Does the admission tickets allow all access to the park..especially seeing the animals?

Thanks,

Angela

The Busch Gardens ticket to the park will include both the animals and the rides. The other ticket option is for Adventure Island which is a very nice water park located next to Busch Gardens. I don't know if you have arranged for accomodations yet but the Holiday Inn Suites USF is located next to Busch Gardens and you can either walk to the parks or take the hotel shuttle. The hotel offers some really good room and ticket packages. All of the rooms are suites and the hotel is clean and has a nice restaurant and tropical pool area. Some of the hotels in this area, especially some on Busch Blvd are a little sketchy so be careful. Here is the link to the hotel.

http://www.histampa.com/

I love BG (live near Tampa & have had an annual pass for years) but 1 day is probably sufficient to see the highlights of the park, especially if you aren't burning up a chunk of the day standing in line for the roller coasters.

Ticket to the park gets you into pretty much everything within BG, including the shows & the rides that go through the animal area.

Not sure if you saw my post yesterday, but if you're just buying a one day pass there is a pretty good discount available as part of a promotion with the park, McDonalds, and the Ronald McDonald House (a charity that provides housing for families of seriously ill children who are away from home, hospitalized, for treatment). It gets you $20 off the purchase price of a 1 day ticket. The thread probably fell to the 2nd page & is titled something like "Busch Gardens/Sea World discount tickets"

Not sure about the taxi rate...

But I wanted to recommend Busch Garden's newest stage show, Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy. Top notch show especially for a theme park that is not Disney. Get to the theater at least 25 minutes early as it fills up fast. I'm pretty sure they show it 3 times a day.

Ron

Thanks for the info! I do like the Holiday Inn hotel..any idea how much the taxi ride from the port to the hotel is?

Thanks again

I'm not sure how much the taxi rate would be but here is the ph# for Yellow Taxi in Tampa, perhaps they could give you an idea. 813-777-7777.

You might also call the Holiday Inn as they work with a very reputable shuttle service. You may get a discount if you stay there too.

:)

Thanks for the info! I do like the Holiday Inn hotel..any idea how much the taxi ride from the port to the hotel is?

Thanks again

Cab fare from a hotel in the BG area to the cruise port (or vice versa) would be roughly $25. Airport to BG would probably run $35 to $40.

The standard cab rate in Tampa is $2 + $2.25 per mile. It's around 10 miles from BG to the cruise port, 16 miles from BG to the airport.

Archived