Laundry room on Freedom??

toadies2

We are planning on sailing on the Freedom later this year and was wondering if there is a self-serve laundry room.

With airfares rising and quite possibly checked baggage fees we want to take as little as possible.

Thanks.

We are planning on sailing on the Freedom later this year and was wondering if there is a self-serve laundry room.

With airfares rising and quite possibly checked baggage fees we want to take as little as possible.

Thanks.

Yes they are on each floor;)

Thanks.

Yes, there are and here are the locations...

Name: Launderettes

Location: Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship / across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship / across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship / across from 9268 and 9270

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette

• 2 or 3 washers
  • 2 or 3 dryers
  • 1 iron and ironing board
  • Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

:)

We bought a few of the sample size washing powders at Walmart and took some dryer sheets to same that $$$. We washed two loads clothes on an 8 day cruise and were able to pack everything in one big suitcase per person to save on luggage fees at the airport. Enjoy you cruise!!!:)

Thank you all for the info. This will definitely make packing easier. Just got off a cruise 2 weeks ago and could have packed a carry on size suitcase for each of us (family of 4) if the ship had had a laundry room.

• 3 years later...

I know that I didnt ask but sure was wondering myself.Come to find out they are right across our room on the Lido deck on the Freedom Ship.Leaving June 30th. Thanks you so much for the information.

I know that I didnt ask but sure was wondering myself.Come to find out they are right across our room on the Lido deck on the Freedom Ship.Leaving June 30th. Thanks you so much for the information.

This up-to-date info from goCCL might be more current than this 2011 post:

Name: Launderettes

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Locations

Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship / across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship / across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship / across from 9268 and 9270

Function: Self-Service Launderette

•2 or 3 washers

•2 or 3 dryers

•1 iron and ironing board

•Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener ($)

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Freedom/freedom.ashx

Edited by winddawn

Thanks.

As posted above, there are several laundry rooms on most of the floors. However, some only have 1 washer, 1 dryer, and 1 ironing board. If you need to use these facilities, we found that early morning was the best time, as each afternoon/evening there were lines on every floor.

I just got off the freedom on Sunday and was also on deck 9.. They had 2 washers and 4 dryers.. You use your sail & sign card now so no need for quarters which was nice... But the machine to buy detergent was out of order when I went.. I had brought a few tide pods so it didn't matter to me.. The dryer said 99 minutes to dry.. Do not believe it. I left my first load in the whole time and could barely get my clothes out because they were on fire!!! Lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks.. I picked a good cabin WOO HOO! We are around the corner and up a floor. I always do a load or 2 when sailing. So nice to pack lighter and save on airline fees. Even better to come home with out suitcases full of dirty laundry. to me its so worth it!