Review Pacific Pearl 17-02-2011 to Fiji

suexxx

Will start with saying we had a GREAT time. Flight to Sydney was good & it was easy to find the P&O people for the bus. Boarding was fairly quick & the people there were very helpful. The ship is very nice & our cabin was good. Elvi was our room girl & she did a great job. We got about 6 towel animals through out the trip. We ate our dinners in the dining room & most of our breakfasts. Our waiters were the best. We meet a couple the 1st night & hit it off so dined together each evening at the some table. No complaints about the food. It was GREAT. Went to some of the shows. The showroom is very cold so dress warmly. We missed 3 ports due to us being near a cyclone so had 8 sea days which DH &I love. Went to Savu Savu to make up for what we missed. Pools were closed for a couple of days due to slightly rough weather & the Swim up pool never got filled for the rest of the cruise. We saw people taking measurements of said pool but don't know why. The big screen was great to watch the movies but could be a bit loud but didn't spoil all the time we spend on the deck. Didn't get off at Noumea. Vila we went shopping. A lot of new building going on. Sava went to town(Yuk). Should have get a taxi or a tour. Will know for next time. Savu Sauv -I would suggest getting a taxi & ask to be shown around unless this port is on your original ports & P&O have tours. Mystery Island is still a great place to spend your time. Missed Port Denerau,Dravini Island & IS of pines. We don't do a lot as this is our time to relax But as I said we had a great time. The staff were all good except for 1 girl in the shop where you buy sunscreen ect. She needs to work on her people skills. Drink prices seemed ok to us. I tried quite a few of the cocktails(not bad for someone who doesn't drink). Loved the table & chair on the lido deck. Did miss the saunas but no big deal. Booked the some cruise for Feb next year & hope we get to the ports we missed. I want to do that helicopter ride. I don't know how to put this in the review sticky. If someone does & you are allowed to please do it. Suexxx

Archived