Mayflower Hotel vs Priceline... who knows?

Well, I'm this close to forgetting about priceline in hopes of getting a four-star hotel (might get Sorrento and the location may only be so-so, but most people report that they get the Sheraton) or just booking the Mayflower now. I think I can get it for $136 plus tax on lastminutetravel.com as it's not too difficult to figure out what most of the hotels are. We need Aug 11-12 and 20-22 and no bites on priceline yet when bidding up to $105 so far, but I think it's because it's too far away from now and appears to be high season. Another option is the Roosevelt (less than $136) but the reviews aren't as good and it doesn't seem to be as convenient. The Westin comes up at $145.

Enough with the OCD! I need to book these nights and go on with my life:eek:!

Any advice?

Well, I'm this close to forgetting about priceline in hopes of getting a four-star hotel (might get Sorrento and the location may only be so-so, but most people report that they get the Sheraton) or just booking the Mayflower now. I think I can get it for $136 plus tax on lastminutetravel.com as it's not too difficult to figure out what most of the hotels are. We need Aug 11-12 and 20-22 and no bites on priceline yet when bidding up to $105 so far, but I think it's because it's too far away from now and appears to be high season. Another option is the Roosevelt (less than $136) but the reviews aren't as good and it doesn't seem to be as convenient. The Westin comes up at $145.

Any advice?

can't speak for the rooms but the Roosevelt is in an absolutely wonderful location and close to everything. Its way more central than the Sorrento. The Mayflower Park is also very convenient.

Any advice?

How about booking a cancellable reservation now, and trying Priceline closer to your date? I, too, think it is way too early to snag a good deal on Priceline. Like you, I am now hesitant to book a 4 star Seattle hotel since the Sorrento appeared in the mix. I need a hotel the first week of August.

Archived