Favorite Restaurants at Western Itinerary Ports

I suppose Haiti is a non-issue, but does anyone have a recommendation for fantastic restaurants in Falmouth or Cozumel?

I have read good things about Big Flag Jerk Center and Time 'n Place near Falmouth.

Especias and Corona Sports bar (surprisingly) seem to be the most favored places in Cozumel.

Has anyone tried any of these places? Or are there other do-not-miss dining experiences near either port?

In Cozumel we never miss “La Conchita del Caribe”. It is located about five minutes from the pier on a taxi ride. It is popular with the locals (not a tourist trap) and immaculately clean. The kitchen is open from the dining area. The prices are very affordable. I really enjoy going to the counter and picking the freshly catch fish from the iced cooler.

Time 'n Place, according to people on these boards and the Time 'n Place website, now has a shuttle that runs from the port to the restaurant. They charge $15 per person round trip ($5 for RCI crew), but that appears to be less than the cab drivers charge EACH WAY.

Since the place is less than a 5 minute drive, it seems like $15 per person is exorbitant (I have 9 people in my group), but that may be the best deal out there. There is more info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1388407&highlight=time+n+place

I would still love a review of the food here. If anyone has experienced the jerk at Time 'n Place, please let me know - should I look forward to the food or just focus on enjoying the beach and my cocktail?

Archived