How can we be reached in an emergency?

kmflutist

My parents will be watching our children while we're on our cruise. If there were an emergency at home, how would they be able to get in touch with us if our cell phones are not on (plan to keep them off to avoid the massive roaming charges). I'm not talking about them being able to get a hold of us "just to chat." This is if there were a true emergency with the kids at home. Thank you in advance!

From Carnivals FAQs-

How can my family contact me while onboard?

Shore-to-Ship Communication

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

1-732-335-3284 - from outside the U.S

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

Im also leaving this with my parents who will be having my daughter for the week. Hope this helps!

I'm not sure if they can actually call the ship..but if you wanted to be able to just chat I know you can you the carnival funvillie fourms online. Both parties would have to make an account. You would just have to make sure to check daily ICE.

Maybe someone will be able to help you better.

From Carnivals FAQs-

How can my family contact me while onboard?

Shore-to-Ship Communication

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

1-732-335-3284 - from outside the U.S

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

Im also leaving this with my parents who will be having my daughter for the week. Hope this helps!

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that one in the FAQ's. Need more coffee, maybe? Appreciate the info -- will pass this along to mom. :)

DF and I will check our cell phones at least a couple of times a day. I have to figure out if there is SOME way I can get my blackberry to keep text messaging available, but turn off everything else. My mom knows texting is the best way to reach me :)

I'm also going to give my mom medical POA for the kids.. Just in case.

DF and I will check our cell phones at least a couple of times a day. I have to figure out if there is SOME way I can get my blackberry to keep text messaging available, but turn off everything else. My mom knows texting is the best way to reach me :)

We would text my Mom in every port and it worked out great!!:) I would just get in touch with your cell phone carrier and I am sure they can walk you through how to turn the data off in your phone.

Blackberries need radio use to send text messages. There is no way to partially shut down the radio use to sms (text) only. The other option you have is to use usage controls to cut off voice calls and emails, however, there is usually a cost associated with that and you will still pay roaming charges. Lastly, the best most cost effective option would be to use BlackBerry Messenger because there is no cost to use that service. 100% free. I always recommend it to soldiers deploying overseas. BBM (blackberry messenger) is not governed by the cell carrier but by BlackBerry itself, that is why it's free all over the world to use. You carrier will rarely tell you that... there is no revenue for them when it's used!

Archived