zaandam

lolmerry

Hi has the zaandam got a launderette onboard? also does anyone know the diff if any between a outside E grade room and a EE grade,which is the best deck to be on? also cruised before but first time with HAL,what are the possibilities of being upgraded and would the upgrade from outside still be outside but higher deck,bet noone as had upgrade from outside to balcony,wishfull thinking, thanks for any feedback about this ship,:)

The only difference between an EE and an E is location. The Es on the Dolphin deck are more central, where the best "ride" is.

Most likely an upgrade from an E or EE would be to another outside (C, D, DA, DD) but I'm sure the rare upgrade to a balcony has happened to someone! :)

yes there are 3 laundry rooms on the zaandam

washers cost $2 in quarters and you push a button to release the soap

dryers cost $1 in quarters and you need to bring your own fabric softner sheets

you can get change at the front office

thanks for that info, what about ironing facilities?

• 5 weeks later...
We were on Zaandam beginning of March and there was always a wait to use the laundry. We would just stake it out and as soon as we saw someone leave w/ their basket of clothes, we'd run in and grab the machine! LOL

I guess it just depends on the cruise. I don't mind people taking my stuff out and putting it in my basket. But when I lived in apartments and in college, some people had major hissy fits with others touching their clothing. :rolleyes:

I plan to work out and gotta clean my stinky gym clothes, and of course any muddy pants from the shore. But it's only a 7 day trip so I'll plan accordingly and wash in the room if needed. Or just pay for wash and fold if it gets really bad.

Archived