Just Back From Horizon....Any Questions?

rianvi

We just back from an 11 night on the Horizon. We sailed on Feb. 21st and returned March 4th. I could give a lenghty review but thought it might be better to answer specific questions. I will check daily. :)

How about your waiters? What were their names? Any favorite bartenders??

Do you recall the band's name??? We enjoyed our cruise last yr. on the Horizon and will be returning to her in June and would love to know if some of the crew we enjoyed so much are still there. What room did you stay in? We had a suite last yr. but will be staying in a outside this time. Thanks so much for the info.

I will try to answer what questions I can.

The ship is wearing with age, but we found it very clean and quite charming. We like the smaller ships for a change.

Our room was an outside #5106. Slept three ..very comfortable. Our 16 yr daughter had the upper berth. Our room attendant was Benhur F.

The food was Fantastic...I managed to stay the same weight but did alot of morning walking because I wanted to try everything. Our table #96 first seating. Our waiter Jose Leitao was superb. If you don't like what is on the menu you can always order....shrimp cocktail...caesar salad ...steak or chicken or pasta. If you don't care for your entre you can ask for something else. During the 11 nights we had three buffets...#1 Island Party at 11pm. where the did the watermelon parade. The coconut chicken was very good. #2 Western night And the 3rd the Grand Midnight Buffet...held in the main dining area.

Party Band Illusion played by the pool and Zodiac....Class Action..husband and wife in the Rendezous lounge. The D.J. was Jason and he is very good as well. They also had many guest speakers for everyting from feng shui to digital camera lessons.

Rich the cruise director is so nice and has a great sense of humour.

Lots to do...battle of the sexes...early morning trivia..book discussions.

Only complaint that some passengers had was that people would reserve the lounge chairs for others for hours and no one from the ship really enforced the rule about saving chairs. However, I had decided that we were going to have a great time and didn't let the "little things" bother us.

Any other questions?:)

Thanks so much for the response and we feel the same as you. We enjoy the experience no matter what! Looking forward to sailing on the Horizon again and will overlook the few worn spots :D

Did the 2/11 to 2/21 Horizon western 11 day outside stateroom #5099.

Boarding was the most streamlined I have seen and disembarking was the same way.

Absolutely wonderful.

And quiet, except for some pipe hammer at 5am when the kitchen starts calling for steam.

No crowds, but did many flights for stairs waiting for elevators (deck 5 aft has it's advantages there).

(the forward elevators [3] are usually the most available.)

The food was awesome, there was an odor on 6 that screamed "clean the dining room carpets", but everything else made up for that.

2nd seating, table#7 Carlos and Jaun.

Favorite bar waiter was Rei from the Philipines, his manners were incredible.

Where do they get these people from.....I love tipping these kinds of people.

They deserve every single penny.

Rich is awesome right down to his disembarking presentation.

They did a skit one night replicating a game show where he does impersonations including Rodney, Rainman, Pee Wee Herman and many others, don't miss it! I ripped something laughing.

With the laws of averages working aginst us sometimes, you never know just how good it's going to be.

This cruise was a 10 IMO, including the ports of call.

Got to know the DJ Gio pretty well, in fact by the middle of the cruise he was using my laptop to dj with in the Starlight lounge.

He sent me off the ship with his cold hard cash to set him up with his own program which I FedEx'd to his home in St Vincent.

Talk about a trusting individual he didn't know me from Adam, I will miss him.

You know you had a good cruise when you well up at the last supper and close the stateroom door for the last time.

Constellation is next 11/10/05 deck 9 forward suite, can't wait.

what a wonderful compliment to a cruise. That's how we felt last year after our cruise on Horizon. We just got off Caribbean Princess and felt lost. Horizon was such a personal experience. We got to know the bartenders, dj, waiters, etc., so well, it was like leaving friends. We are really looking forward to sailing on her again. Thanks for the positive response.

To respond to your question on the band.....

Let's just say I have a pretty keen eye for musical entertainment and I have never seen a band as talented and diversified as Illusions.

Tracy, the bands keyboard guy and leader, is as capable as they come and leads the band from cowboy to classic oldies and everything in between.

I mean if you closed your eyes and listened, you'd never figure you were listening to a caribe band doing covers of the music they do.

f4d93cdc.jpg

And if he is still on board and you are into digital photography, do go and see the 3 part lecture on Adobe photoshop Beni Maselli gives (all 3 days at sea).

He also has a system interactive 2 disc dvd on "how to" to follow up his lecture with for a mere $29.00.

This is a pic of my daughters saying goodbye to Carlos with Juan in the background. As you can see it is an emotional moment, don't be fooled by the expression on my youngest one, she was pretty sad.

f4d92312.jpg

My only complaint was the size of the table, even for 2 it was busy.

We did the Horizon back to back 2/11 & 2/21. We like to small ship and we are sorry to see it leave the fleet. I hope that celebrity will put a ship back into Tampa. We are also sailing Horizon back to back on 4/15. We truly like Celebrity

We had Carlos as our waiter last year on the Horizon. He was great! I wonder if his brother still works in the kitchen? Luckily, I can find out tomorrow, as we will board the Horizon again. It was nice to read the good reports.

Steve

We just back from an 11 night on the Horizon. We sailed on Feb. 21st and returned March 4th. I could give a lenghty review but thought it might be better to answer specific questions. I will check daily. :)

Do you recall how you get into the pool? Specifically, does the pool have a ladder (like Carnival pools) or steps (like x's T-pools)? I can't do ladders anymore.

I am really sorry that Horizon doesn't have a T-Pool. Those are so nice.

Thanks

We had Gio as the Dj. when we first boarded in Tampa on Feb.21 but his contract was up and he got off in San Juan to return home for a vacation. Jason from Canada took his place. The staff are just wonderful. Josez our waiter was superb. He catered to everyone's needs and anticipated in advance. We always have our envelopes done for the tips when we board but I tell you with the great service that was provided extra was definitely added.

This may not interest everyone but the Youth staff are superb as well. Our 16yr. daughter was with us. She was the only teen of ten children. The others ranged from 4-9yrs. The staff did an excellent job to make sure she was having a great time. They took her to shows and out for "coketails" so she wouldn't always have to be with her parents. Whoever hires for Celebrity knows exactly what they are doing...they hire great, caring people.

Anna

Do you recall how you get into the pool? Specifically, does the pool have a ladder (like Carnival pools) or steps (like x's T-pools)? I can't do ladders anymore.

I am really sorry that Horizon doesn't have a T-Pool. Those are so nice.

Thanks

Laddars on each end, deeper than I am used to.

There is also a lift by the pool you can see here.

The hot tub does have stairs.

f4d8b325.jpg

Of course you have the "beach yourself" option also, lol.

You would think this might be unsafe, but I was in the pool during these events, and the hazard is worse than it looks. You can be right by the edge as the wave comes without anything but a rising sensation. It does not slam you into the pool wall.

f4d8b12b.jpg

Laddars on each end, deeper than I am used to.

There is also a lift by the pool you can see here.

The hot tub does have stairs.

f4d8b325.jpg

Of course you have the "beach yourself" option also, lol.

You would think this might be unsafe, but I was in the pool during these events, and the hazard is worse than it looks. You can be right by the edge as the wave comes without anything but a rising sensation. It does not slam you into the pool wall.

f4d8b12b.jpg

Thanks for the response.

The beached whale approach might work! LOL

At no time was there a crowd in either the hot tub or pool.

I love the smaller ships because of this.

The hot tub has a tubular reclining arangement and the bubbles seem to come from the tubes. The tub is probably 4' deep.

You know you had a good cruise when you well up at the last supper and close the stateroom door for the last time.

I know the feeling. We were on the Constellation last week, and I litteraly did the same thing at the last formal dinner and watching the Kids Program video seeing my son having the time of his life.

We are booked next March on the Connie again.

Just a coulple of questions for the Horizon.

1. Are there washers and dryers on this ship?

2. Were there any Theme nights on the ship?

Thanks for all the great information!

No to the washers that I know of.

Socks wash in the sink and dry really well with a hair dryer btw, I can live without underwear, lol.

We had a rained out Carribean night, oldies night, country night to name a few.

Gonna miss that ship..........

Archived