Just Back From Horizon....Any Questions?

rianvi

Definitely no washers or dryers. Some of the experienced cruisers had brought small sized woolite, etc. for hand washing. There is a small clothes line in the shower. We had brought enough clothes. So we didn't have to do any wash...thank heaven ...it was vacation time.

The theme nights which had buffets were Island night and country night.

In the Zodiac...they had 50..60..70...etc. nights.

During our cruise in Feb....the hot tub was never full....plenty of room for 20 to 25 people..the water is very warm.

The pool does have ladders but we managed them alright including those who used canes. The salt water makes you bouyant and you float without alot of treading.

Hope this helps.

Anna

I sail on the Horizon in June and can hardly wait. I've been on the Galaxy and Zenith and am very excited to add another one to my list. I figure Horizon is better to do before the M class rather than after!

You will have a wonderful time....we are planning to go on the Mercury in Jan/06.

Anna:)

My kids are 16 and 12.

At first I thought we were on an aarp cruise, lol.

I dont agree with the special treatment/catering statement, I found the crew very polite and interactive with us.

But, my kids are kind of intraverts and we hang together anyway.

We have cruised on others where the kids were numerous and usually out of control, this was much more to our liking.

The only thing my oldest wanted was her boyfriend, and that wasn't going to happen.

It was probably as age balanced as I have seen, so it was pretty cool.

Another question about the 11 night cruise. I know there are 3 formal nights, but I am not sure how many informal nights and how many casual nights. Can anyone help me with the answer? Thank You again for all the help!

On our Feb. 21st cruise on the Horzon there were the 3 formal nights and 3 informal nights and five casual nights. However, at time it was hard to distinguish the formal and informal nights when it came to what the ladies were wearing. Formal nights...the men were a 50 split with tuxes and dark suits. The ladies wore everything from evening gowns to cocktail dresses to pant suits.

On the informal nights...men wore suitcoats with or without ties or just a shirt and tie. Some just wore a dress shirt with their dress pants. The ladies worevery fancy to simple dresses...skirts....dressy tops..pant suits. The casula nights...men wore collar shirts..and dockers or dress pants. The ladies wore casual dresses...dress capris.. skirts pants.

Basically wear what you like..just no shorts..tanks in the main dining room for dinner.

Our daughter is 16 and had a wonderful time. She was the only teen on board at the time. The week before and after there were 5-6 teens. There were a group of children on ship with ranging in ages 4-9. The youth stafff went above and beyond to make our daughter feel included . They took her to the dances..karaoke..the shows...coketails so she wouldn't have to always be with us old folks. Yes there were seniors on board but I found generally there was a good mix of ages. The staff catered to everyone regardless of age. Our family did the cruise...including inlaws..the range in age was 17 to 80 and everyone had a wonderful time and found many different things to do.

Hope this helps.

Anna:)

Mch 4-14th cruise, I am puzzled re Class action in Rendez Vous Lounge. I was there every night 5.15 to 6p.m, but not once did the female performer show up. Every night the male performer made stupid excuses, "she is changing her dress","she is having a bad hair night", etc.

Also every night he played the same pieces in the same order, and even the dance hosts complained that some pieces were impossible to dance to because he got the beat wrong. Celebrity paid for a band that simply did not live up to their contract.

Ship not in bad shape, but the bed in my inside Cat 11 cabin was like sleeping on a board the mattress was in such bad condition. Captain never came to "his" table in dining room, one night another officer did host a meal, but he and his guests came in

almost half an hour late. At Snr officers party, two officers shook your hand at door, then left, they did not "mingle" with the Select or Elite passengers who were the guests.

I love Celebrity but felt Horizon was very much the "orphan child" at this time.

Jimsgirl what cabin did you have? Also what did everyone else think about the beds are they all that bad in the inside cabins? Also what type of music was played in the lounges and on deck? Any 50's and 60's music and any Country Music?

We sailed on the Horizon in April of last year and I just booked this ship again today for the Apr. 15th sailing.

We're just curious if they still have the Sushi Bar available every night for an alternate dinner option? We thought it was great!

Thanks!

Kristin in NJ

Hi Everyone

Yes they still have the sushi bar...6pm. until 10 pm.

The Horizon had 50.60..70. 80's nights in the Zodiac.

Our queen bed in cabin #5106 was fine...outside cabin.

Anna

Rosco, We had cabin 5130 inside. The mattress was not the best but certainly comfortable enough. I had spent the 3 1/2 months before the cruise on the couch due to shingles, so I'm probably not the best one to give an opinion on the mattress though. :p

The pool band was very diversified. They did play country and 50's, 60's, and 70's also. I thought they were great. My only complaint would be that they were really loud. Once they started playing it was almost impossible to talk.

We had late seating and I thought the sushi bar was great for a snack around 6:00.

We also did the b/b and we had a fantastic cruise. She does show that she's an older ship but we knew that when we booked so we got exactly what we expected and we thought the Horizon was great. She didn't look any different than she did four years ago. :)

Archived