Liberty formal nights?

kmkasza

Let me sum up the difference between formal night and regular nights this way:

I work in an office where Friday is casual day. That means jeans and t-shirts. That's a normal night.

Monday - Thursday attire is formal night.

Let me sum up the difference between formal night and regular nights this way:

I work in an office where Friday is casual day. That means jeans and t-shirts. That's a normal night.

Monday - Thursday attire is formal night.

salty dingo,

I don't think I've ever read a more accurate analogy. Good job! :)

Elegant nights are monday and thursday. Some people dress in gowns and suits and some people just wear a dressy top and pants and then a collared, button down shirt for men, even like the tropical ones. You can wear what you like, you will see an assortment of attire all in the same dining room.

Stef

We were on the Liberty Eastern last year for our first cruise and I had the impression from reading cc and talking to my mom and sister that had cruised on Carnival that about 25% would be in formal wear, 25% pretty casual and about 50% in something you would wear to a business dinner. So I backed away from the formal wear and wore something I'd would wear to a business dinner event with dressed up accessories. When we went to the elegant night dinner I felt pretty under dressed. The majority of the women had on very nice fancy cocktail dresses to long formal gowns. I remember seeing a lot of knock out fancy high heels on the women too. Although I didn't look ridiculous-I did feel on the under dressed side. Yes, there were people who were even more under dressed than me (pants and a nice blouse-mostly older women) but for the most part-especially on the first elegant night, most women were really dressed up and I felt a bit out of place. This year I am bringing something more formal for the first elegant night.

As far as the men, I did have the right impression about that. I'd say 10% in tuxes, 40% in suits most with ties, some without ties, 40% button down shirts with and without ties (most with ties) & docker pants, and 10% golf shirts/tropical button down shirts & docker type pants.

Of course, I wasn't running all over the dining rooms looking at what people were wearing...this is what I saw walking around about an hour before dinner and on our walk into our table and the people around us.

We also do the late dining-maybe that makes a difference? Maybe the early dining is a little more relaxed? I'm sure every cruise is different and maybe it is different depending on the destination...I don't know.

Archived