Beach Day

Whew!!! We are heading there next week and were planning on doing some beach buggy tour deal and when it was sold out, yes I waited to the last minute to book it, I was afraid we would be stuck on the ship. As it turns out it looks like that place is pretty cool if we just want to take the double decker bus tour and then hang out at a beach with some cold ones?

Correct me if I am wrong but from what I understand is that we can get off the ship and there will be an area where there will be a free shuttle in to Pregreso. During this free shuttle they will inform us of different activities that they offer. Once we get off the shuttle there will be an obvious place to catch a ride on the double decker. From there we will see areas in which to shop or head to a beach for some drinks. Do I have it right? THANKS for any additional info. My wife is also bilingual which should come in handy.

Thanks again.

Yes, just walk through the duty free shop aarea after you get off the ship and there will be free buses waiting to take you into town.They will tell you about other tours available through Autoprogreso when you are riding into town if you want. You can also look up Autoprogreso on the internet and look at their tours if you still want to do something like that. When you get off the bus in town, the double decker bus will either be waiting right in front of you or the stop is right there by the local market. The double decker bus ride is very cool. You can then walk right to the beach area ... the beach is huge ... and there are many places to choose from that you can eat at. Buddy's, and some other estaurants, has a place right on the beach with tables, if you want, or you can walk down the beach further if you just want to lay in the sand. Buddy's had 2 for $5.00 margaritas and great food. Also $20.00 for a one hour massage right next to Buddy's. My DH loved it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived