Freedom of the seas promenade stateroom??

hfh

We have reservations for December and originally booked an ocean view stateroom (not balcony). We thought it might be different to try a stateroom that overlooks the promenade. They had two available on deck 8 rooms 8253 & 8557. We felt that those being at the end of the promenade wouldn't give us a very good view. The other two staterooms are on deck 6 #6609 and 6623. With those being midship the view would be greater but we were concerned with noise.:(

Has anyone had a promenade stateroom and what do you think. Also, this will be the first time we have ever had a connecting stateroom. Is their noise from the next cabin?:eek:

thanks!

We tried a promenade stateroom a few years ago on the Liberty of the Seas and to our suprise enjoyed it very much. We had a cabin that was also midship and there was a connecting room but didn't hear anything . Remember to always pull back the curtain you don't want to put a show for other passengers lol. Its pretty cool place the more I think of it. Its better than your standard inside cabin. Infact thats the cabin I'm going for in 2012 on the Freedom of the Seas. Hope you you have a great cruise.

We were just on Voyager Promenade 6561 with connecting room 6563. It was our first time not to have a balcony or Ocean View, but like you we thought it would be cool. It was! Also, it WAS easy to hear what was going on in the adjoining room. The TV was loud the one time they had it on. It could have been bad if there were partiers or fighters or babies in there. We were lucky and they were quite most of the time as were we.

Other than that, we loved the room. It was very still and quiet and dark and we loved the view of the promenade and the window seat. Not much noise from the Promenade except during parades and Deck 6 is only a deck or two away from everything, so we only had to use the elevators to go to the Windjammer/Pool deck. Just stay away from the pub. We have booked the same room again for 2012 and booked our Mothers in the adjoining room so we don't have to worry about anyone else making noise in there.

We have had them several times. It is great to watch the parades from your sofa instead of squished in the crowds. The only noise we ever heard was music from the parades. And don't forget to close the curtains or you will be the entertainment:eek:

Been on Freedom 3 years in a row and again this June....I would go with middle of promenade (deck 6 I think you said);......noise should not be a factor.....I think you will love it.....and yes parades and entertainment will be so cool out your own window.....I love Freedom class, we just returned from OASIS last month and I liked it and it was so intriguing but Freedom is my favorite....have a great trip.

So sorry to be the "naysayer" of this thread. DH & I did not enjoy the promenade cabin as much as we had heard from others. We were mid-ship on deck 7. We had to kneel on the sofa to see out the window - it was not a comfortable position to see the activity going on below. It was nicer than an inside cabin but not as nice as an outside or balcony (IMHO). We did not hear our neighbours at all. We definitely had to keep the drapes closed when moving about after showers, as we did not want to be the main show event! However, we did unintentionally see a bit of a show from across the promenade!!! Keep those drapes CLOSED!!!! However, you should try it to see for yourself (the cabin, not the drapes open).

Cheers, Elizabeth

I would LOVE to try a promanade cabin! I wish they slept more than 2 though. We are taking our son on the FOS with us this summer, so we have 3. I looked into 2 adjoining rooms and for the price, we might as well get a balcony.

I wish that couch would pull out to a sleeper!

I am not sure how many people you need to have for a family promanade?

Thanks everyone for your input. We definitely don't want to be putting on any "peep shows":p or seeing any for that matter so we'll be sure to watch the drapes!!

Looking forward to it. I just love cruising and haven't been to the Eastern in 5 years. Has much changed?

Archived