Sensation and Calica

momto2

I"m on the Sensation next month too and I'm planning to do Xcaret too! Probably will book through the ship since they offer bus service back every 30 min, but after looking on the website it looks as if Xcaret offers something similiar.

Website I've been looking at : www.xcaret.com

Looks amazing!!

We have considered Xcaret and Xel-Ha. Xel-ha seems to get a little better reviews but is a considerable distance from the port (about 40 miles). The only way I can find to get there is to rent a car.

I looked at the Carnival excursion to Xcaret, but for some reason I cannot find the price on their internet site. Do you have to go into booking to get the price or could someone please post the price? I was thinking of waiting until we board to look at the excursion...Do you think it may be sold out by then? TIA

If memory serves, the excursion to Xcaret is about $40 pp (at least that's what I paid two years ago). This includes transportation and entrance into the park.

They have a snack bar and restaurants that are extra. Be careful - some may be more expensive. One of the buffets was more than $20 pp - not cost effective with an 11-year-old girl.

I doubt this fills up since the buses run continuously.

If you have the opportunity, stay for part of the evening show. It's very good. It gives the Mayan view of the Spanish exploration.

Archived