Which West Bay beach has the best value?

CSAU

Initially we wanted to buy the day pass at Infinity Bay Resort but just read that they charge $40 per person (does that include food) :eek:? Is it possible to spend less for beach chair & umbrella at the West Bay? Also is there a beach with less cruise crowd (Paradise Beach Club?)

TIA!

Hi, I am also trying to figure out which place to go on west bay. I am considering strongly West Bay Beach Break through island marketing ltd online. It is only 32/adult and you get 1 complimentary drink, transportation, beach chair, showers, restrooms. Seems nice, but not sure how crowded it gets.

You do not have to prebook just to get a chair. The West Bay stretch is about a mile long. A leisurely 20 minute walk from one end to the other. If you don't book at a beach club or the Mayan or Infinity bay resort, you will be able to rent a chair along that mile.

The beach is public. You can just throw your towel on the sand too, which many do if spending lots of time in the water and sitting at a bar/restaurant. There are many places to eat and have a cold drink. Prices are very reasonable!

Infinity Bay resort and Mayan Princess are private resorts. Mayan charges $15 and Infinity B resort charges $40. Neither includes food or transportation. ANd they also limit the number of "guests". And those spots fill quickly because they have pools and are less crowded.

If you sign up with a tour company for a package including ride and beach pass, find out ahead of time which beach they will drop you. If dropped at West END beach, you won't be in the popular and nicer beach (West Bay) . If you can walk a mile, anywhere along West Bay is fine becasue you aren't required to stay in just one area for swimming and snorkeling.

Thanks. I am considering The Beach Club San Simon - saw the pictures on their website and heard good things about it. I have e-mailed them to get a quote 2 days ago and so far have not heard back. Does anyone know how much they charge now? I know at one point it's like $8-$10 for the resort fee/chair.

Unless they raised prices since Jan. it was $10. It is not a very big hunk of land, so get there early or prebook if cruising when other ships are in port. I was surprised that the width of their beach property was pretty small. Compared to some others.

Archived