Adventure Antigua or Creole Cruise

belkin

Just wondering if anyone has done both of these tours, which would you chose and why?

The two main things we are looking at is the number of people on the boats. We like the smaller groups. Also would like the best snorkeling. Does one have better snorkeling spots?

Have not been on Creole Cruises but do know they get excellent reviews.

Was just on Eli's Ecotour last week and it was one of the best tours we have ever been on. Eli takes you different offshore areas and explains the turtle project at Jumby, pelican breeding islands, mangroves, and Hells Gate along with Great Bird Island. There are swimming and snorkeling stops along the way. You will have the opportunity to hike to the top at Great Bird along with a climbing opportunity at Hells Gate after a swim to shore. The tour includes a great lunch with BBQ chicken, salad. and extras including banana bread.

Have not been on Creole Cruises but do know they get excellent reviews.

Was just on Eli's Ecotour last week and it was one of the best tours we have ever been on. Eli takes you different offshore areas and explains the turtle project at Jumby, pelican breeding islands, mangroves, and Hells Gate along with Great Bird Island. There are swimming and snorkeling stops along the way. You will have the opportunity to hike to the top at Great Bird along with a climbing opportunity at Hells Gate after a swim to shore. The tour includes a great lunch with BBQ chicken, salad. and extras including banana bread.

Thanks I have read a lot of good things about Eli's tours.

We did Eli's ecotour. Antigua is not known for snorkeling; but, this was the worst snorkeling we ever done (few fish, conch, rocks with no color, and a really beat up reef). I noticed creole cruises goes to different areas to snorkel. The boat was moored next to us at Bird Island to drop off their grill and nonsnorkelers; then, they went out a ways to snorkel whereas we could only swim with Eli's tour because their is a sandy bottom there. I think the major difference is the lobster lunch Creole serves and getting to see Hells Gate with Eli. Hells Gate was unique; but, not a "must see" considering the "long" boat ride back to the pier. Neither boat was crowded. Based on our experience, I would choose the lobster lunch and better snorkeling over Eli's - Hell's Gate.

Another option ( although more expensive) may be Eli's ExtremNav tour - this tour gets excellent reviews and I have heard the snorkeling is very good.

We've gone with Creole twice, and have had maybe 12 or so people on the boat each time. I think the new boat seats about 20. Nice-sized group, and an absolutely wonderful day. I have pics in the Serenade review in my signature if you want to take a look. Sometimes pictures are more helpful than a description :)

• 4 weeks later...

We went with Creole Cruises this past March. It was the new boat. I think there weere about 24 of us total. Captain Glen stopped in two different places for those who wanted to snorkel. The Lobster Lunch was one of the best meals I had! EXCELLENT!

He also stopped for a short visit at StarFish Island. I had no idea that starfish came in so many differnt colors. Beautiful! Well worth the cost.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Extreme Tour with Adventure Antigua last week. It was basically a tour around the island on a speedboat. It's not for people without full mobility-getting in and out of the boat can be tricky.

The good: it was fun, and the stops were at great beaches (we loved swimming with the stingrays!). You get full snorkeling equipment, included in the price. You also get a nice lunch and rum punch (not the best we have had), and all the water you need. Bring your own towel and sunscreen (in fact, I suggest a surf shirt to swim in).

The just OK: the crew wasn't the friendliest, although they were competent and polite. Being on a speedboat after a while can be stressful because of the noise and the 'pummeling'. What is worse, they squeezed an unreasonable number of people on the boat. My husband and I had comfortable seats, but the late comers had to 'straddle' the front seats-not that comfortable if you have to be in that position for a while.

Overall we had fun, but I suspect there may be better outfits out there.

Archived