Questions about UNEXSO Dolphin Swim

angiegal

If anyone has ever done this excursion... or any dolphin encounter... I would REALLY appreciat your help!!!!! I email UNEXSCO directly and the answer was that you get 5 minutes interaction with the dolphins:eek::eek::eek: Please tell me this is a typo or some kind of breakdown in communication! $100 per person for 5 minutes! I don't understand... It's a 3 1/2 hour excursion and everyone says it's so great. But if it's just 5 minutes of interaction???? I want to make sure that the excursion is a good one and I want to make sure that if I'm spending $400+ for my family that it's well worth it! Please someone help me soon! We leave in 29 Days!!!!!

We're only three weeks away from our cruise, so if anyone has done a dolphin encounter anywhere, please share your experience. I don't think that can differ greatly from one place to another. My general questions are how much time do you spend with the dophins? what kind of interaction is it? This is on a platform sumbmergered 3ft, btw, not a swim. Is it really worth $100pp?:confused: Thanks for sharing your experiences!

The dolphin encounter is a 30 minute program, where you stand on a 3-foot deep underwater platform and learn about the dolphins, watch them do tricks, take photos with them, stroke their skin and things like that. We did it with my mother in law a couple years ago and she loved it. It is 5 minutes of actual interaction time alone with the dolphin, the rest is watching the dolphins do various things, the trainer showing you things about the dolphins, etc, and you are in the water with the dolphins most of the 30 minutes, just not actually hugging them or something.

The dolphin swim gives you 20-25 minutes of actual interaction time with the dolphins and is a more personal experience with much smaller group sizes particularly for cruise passengers.

We've just returned from our cruise (had a great time btw), and my daughter and granddaughter had a wonderful time at the dolphin encounter. Everyone's right, it's only a five-minute interaction with the dolphin, but the program as a whole is awesome. When my granddaughter is old enough, I'm sure they'll want to do the swimming thing! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

My husband is not easily impressed but he ranks his "5 min. interaction" as one of the coolest things he's ever done in his life! The session is fun and informative, and the chance to be up close and personal with such a remarkable creature is well worth the cost! Have your camera ready!!

Archived