what I wished I'd known b4 the Gem

Tiki Mike

Just back from the Gem, couple things I'd wished I'd known...

1. Young or old... there is a "toga" nite in the Bliss louge... if it's your thing, bring a sheet or an outfit.young in the Bliss lounge, older in Spinnaker lounge

2. Wed. night is the "White hot party" this is a lot of fun, Really young in the Bliss lounge, rest of us in Spinnaker lounge. bring a white outfit to b fashionable.

3. Lobster nite is Sunday, don't

make specialialty reservations that night.

4. friday for lunch is the " best of everything" lunch. It's $15 and has menu options from all the restaurants. If you are wanting to not spend $$ in the specialty restaurants, do this. Escargots, Filet from Cagneys, jumbo shrimp...etc.

Suprised... Do the mexican restaurant, was really surpised how good everything was and entree portions were large!

Sushi was outstanding, if u r into it, it is worth it.

Any Q's, let me know!

1. Young or old... there is a "toga" nite in the Bliss louge... if it's your thing, bring a sheet or an outfit.young in the Bliss lounge, older in Spinnaker lounge

2. Wed. night is the "White hot party" this is a lot of fun, Really young in the Bliss lounge, rest of us in Spinnaker lounge. bring a white outfit to b fashionable.

4. friday for lunch is the " best of everything" lunch. It's $15 and has menu options from all the restaurants. If you are wanting to not spend $$ in the specialty restaurants, do this. Escargots, Filet from Cagneys, jumbo shrimp...etc.

Suprised... Do the mexican restaurant, was really surpised how good everything was and entree portions were large!

Any Q's, let me know!

Thanks for the info. As far as the friday lunch. Where is it located and do you need reservations? ;)

Hey all - the days are different on all the ships and vary from itinerary as well so be sure to check your "Daily". The "Best of Everything" however, is almost if not always, in Le Bistro as is the Jazz Brunch. If you can't ascertain day and location easily, then just ask the Reservations Desk or any Assistant Maitre'D that you run into. Enjoy it - the "Best of Everything" on the Jewel in March was AWESOME ! :)

Mexican had a $10 surcharge. I had lobster tacos, they were really good. at least a whole tail in them, ribs were melt in your mouth. The "best of everything" is $15 as opposed to Cagneys $25. I made reservations, but they really weren't needed.

The "white hot party" I went to spinnakers, it was mostly 30+ there, but it is all modern dance music, but it was fun.

Check out Randy (I think) the piano guy in the champange bar, he was a lot of fun.

Great stirrup cay, if u r not there early, there r no lounges available, walk to your right, there are a bunch of "beach chairs", grab one & take it where u want, it's better than nothing.

I have just one question about the “best of everything” lunch. It is a buffet or is it a menu featuring selected items from each restaurant. We will be sailing on the GEM in June and if this luncheon if offered at that time, it sounds really nice. On past cruises on the Dawn, there was jazz luncheon(although I never attended). Any help you can be is much appreciated.

Any Q's, let me know!

I will be sailing on the Gem in May leaving on a Sunday going to Bermuda

Would they have Lobster night on the first night out? Also Wednesday we will just be arriving in Bermuda hope they wouldn't have the White Hot Party the same night as the Harbour Nights festivities they have in Bermuda.. Just a thought... Wouldn't want to miss either one..

Archived