Uniworld Enchanting Danube..Prague to Budapest reviews??

alexandra cruiser

Not sure if I should take Uniworld,,,Passau to Budapest,,with Prague extention,,,or go for AMA Prague to Bud....anyone know the difference,,I ve never been on AMA ,but poster recently raved about this cruise,,,I HAVe been on Uniworld ,,,and enjoyed it...prices vary a little,,,AMA has new ship with 2 balconies,,,any recent reviews of Uniworld on this location would be appreciated...good to compare....thanks in advance....:)

as we are doing this trip with Uniworld, Passau to Budapest, on June 12th. We are not doing the Uniworld extension but will be in Prague for a few days pre-trip and the same in Budapest.

• 4 weeks later...

We just did this cruise with Uniworld. Passau to Budapest. Our first river cruise. It was outstanding. I would highly recommend it. I'll write a report when I get home on Tuesday.

Stay at least 3 days in Prague. It's now my favourite city. I'll be back,

did put deposit down on AMA,,,because they have new boats with 2 balconies,,I want to try....their Romantic Danube has 3 days in Prague to start,,,then 2 days in Budapest....not till next May,,and only 5 cabins I wanted remain,,,see Uniworld is coming out with similar ship,,will keep them in mind...have lots to see YET....and have enjoyed them in past...glad you had good time...:)

Since you have already booked, change is probably not going to happen; however, 8 of us did the Danube on the River Beatrice October 2010 and the trip is not only wonderful - the experience is just amazing! This boat is so beautiful and the service so exceptional that it is like being on your own personal yacht. This is a group of friends that have travelled a lot - to a lot of places - on a lot of different size ships. This trip stands alone! We have booked the Antoinette for October 2012 and can hardly wait. Whatever you end up doing, have a great time! River cruising is a really wonderful way to travel, isn't it?

Not sure if I should take Uniworld,,,Passau to Budapest,,with Prague extention,,,or go for AMA Prague to Bud....anyone know the difference,,I ve never been on AMA ,but poster recently raved about this cruise,,,I HAVe been on Uniworld ,,,and enjoyed it...prices vary a little,,,AMA has new ship with 2 balconies,,,any recent reviews of Uniworld on this location would be appreciated...good to compare....thanks in advance....:)

My husband and I were on the Uniworld Beatrice from Passau to Budapest two years ago.

The ship was brand new. We have been on Uniworld twice (we did the Rhone -Burgundy/Provence).

We love the company. The ship was gorgeous, the crew delightful.

We had the BEST time. We like Uniworld because we feel the accomodations are superb. When I first started researching River Cruises it was told to me on that the European lines are better. But, since we are American we feel that Uniworld knows our culture and what we feel is superior. I have not been on AMA so I can't comment.

If you would like to know anything else..pls let me know.

Thanks,

Tina

Archived