Disney Magic calling Halifax and Saint John in Summer 2012

From the DCL board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1392219

The nine five-night cruises up the New England coast will call at Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Saint John, New Brunswick. In these popular Canadian ports, guests can soak in splendid natural vistas, explore historic sites, visit quaint cafes and charming shops, and browse Canada’s oldest farmer’s market.

Rates for the new five-night Canadian cruise itinerary departing from New York start at $715 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy.

Five-Night Canada sailing on 6/10, 6/17, 7/8, 7/15, 8/5, 8/12, 9/2, 9/7, 9/12, 2012

New York, At Sea, Halifax, Saint John, At Sea, New York

More information about dates and itinerary can be found here:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/canada-new-england/itineraries/5-night-canada-new-england-cruise/

Doesn't that seem pretty expensive for only 5 nights and 2 ports? Back when we booked Explorer for a 9 night with 5 ports it wasn't too much more than that.

No question. Think of a floating Walt Disney World going to the Maritimes.

Too funny! :p My thought was this really isn't a good itinerary for kids, so couldn't see the draw for a Disney ship. JMO

Good point, but IMO the itinerary/ports of DCL cruises are never their strength or selling point in most cases anyway (with the exception of Castaway Cay), relative to other cruiselines. It is just the opportunity to depart from New York (save from flying for those living in the NE part of the US), going away for 5 days, and be surrounded by Mickey and Goofy and gang ... and I'm not sure if they still do the firework too? The ports, oh well, it is Canada in the summer. What else can I say :)

We booked the September 7th cruise and I assume with school having started in the New York area, it'll be a majority of adults on board.

When do the colors start changing in New England and eastern Canada?

• 1 month later...

Archived