Nassau with 8 year old Son........

RMS95

:)Looking for recommendations on what to do in Nassau with our 8 year old son. This is his FIRST Cruise! He LOVES to swim. Hubby and I have been to Atlantis, but it was years ago. Debating on Atlantis, Blue Lagoon or the Wyndham Resort. Not really wanting to spend a fortune though!!! And some of the excurstions for Atlantis are quite pricey! We are thinking something about 5 hours since we are in Nassau from 12 noon till 10 pm.

Thanks!!:)

Well I planned my own excursion outside of carnival! A friend & I did the Sheraton Cable Beach Nassau & paid $29 per person to have private beach chairs & beach umbrella, snorkeling gear, kyaks, water toys like those huge bikes you use in the ocean, access to 4 big resort style pools & several scattered hot tubs & they provide you towels so you dont have to drag the heavy carnival one if you dont want! I know its not Atlantis but it saved me alot of money & enjoyed my day there! http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3067 I emailed them about that deal, they give you a wristband you use all day! I didnt wanna spend $$$ to call international but if you email them they will give you more info & if the price, hope it didnt change since nov 2010

:)Looking for recommendations on what to do in Nassau with our 8 year old son. This is his FIRST Cruise! He LOVES to swim. Hubby and I have been to Atlantis, but it was years ago. Debating on Atlantis, Blue Lagoon or the Wyndham Resort. Not really wanting to spend a fortune though!!! And some of the excurstions for Atlantis are quite pricey! We are thinking something about 5 hours since we are in Nassau from 12 noon till 10 pm.

Thanks!!

:) Go to Ardastra Gardens. Lot's of parrots and wild life and DANCING FLAMINGO show. We got to feed parrots in a wired enclosure. They landed on your hands and heads while you fed them apple slice. Young children loved it.

We get on the Fascination the day you get off for a 7 day. We hit Nassau first. Our kids are 3, 4, nearly 8, and 9. We decided to hit the Hilton for a beach day since it includes everything Sheraton does plus we get a food voucher. I assume both are fairly comparable when it all comes out in the wash.

Absolutely the Pirate Museum

I looked at the pirate museum on line and thought it looked kind of lame. Can someone tell me how long a 7 year old boy might be amused there and give an idea of what kinds of things he could do/see there? Thanks.

Archived