Aarrgghh-Pirate Birthday!

Funshine1

Please help-couple questions I have not seen posted.

First time cruising.

Will be going on the Carnival Imagination to Nassau (Friday-Monday) and can't wait!

Traveling with DH, DD (6 years old), DS (3 years old), Mother-in-Law, and My Parents. Decided to try cruising and are coinciding with my son's birthday. It will be a surprise for the kids. We want to have a pirate theme party for our Son's 4th Birthday while we are on board the ship, but don't want to get too far in the planning, if...

While we are in Port I was thinking about the Pirate Museum and maybe visiting one of the Forts (Charlotte?). Also, maybe a carriage ride and authentic island lunch somewhere. (Again, traveling with kids and seniors). Sounds good? Any other suggestions/advice?

In addition, would it be ok with staff and other cruisers if we dressed-up in simple, homemade pirate costumes for lunch in the MDR (on Sunday)? Maybe put a few decorations and goody bags on the table?

Also, could we request cake at lunch or is it only brought out at dinner?

Don't want to distrub fellow cruisers, so am hoping this would be o.k.

We Thank You for any assistance/advice given and am sure we will have more questions as our trip draws near.

I'll tell you what is really fun for the kids... All the cruise lines offer decoration packages for birthday. They decorate the cabin before your arrival and they have commemorate gift items that will be delivered to the cabin (get them for both kids so no jealous). This way they have a decorated party room the whole cruise. Believe me- they love this.

As for your son- they will make a fuss over him in the diningroom and perhaps you can order a special theme cake. Call the cruise line directly for this or your travel agent.

As for ideas in the ports- not sure where you are going. Did you mean Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas. I believe that you can do the dolphin encounter there. I think kids would really like this.

Archived