Review of the Dawn...from 3/25

amijt

Back from the Dawn, on her 9 day Southern Carrib. cruise. I have to start off by saying we had a wonderful time at all the ports the weather could not have been better! The ship itself...definitely needs to go into dry dock. I was hoping before we got on that the buckets catching leaks all over were exaggerated, nope, they were everywhere. Sometimes no bucket was there and you got dripped on, never did find out what was dripping. The girls bathrooms by the pool area were disgusting all the time. Most staff was very much just going through the motions, even our team that did the room didn't have too much to say. The extras you have to pay for things is crazy and always there, it came to the point I would find myself asking, " is this free?" the food was just ok, nothing really stands out. This was our first time cruising with NCL and can't say I want to cruise with them again anytime soon.

Entertainment was pretty good, Jose and Patty were always a fun time. Matt Baker the cruise director was hilarious! He could really get the crowd going. To bad his personality didn't rub off on the rest of the staff.

We never booked anything through the ship for excursions I did them all through private tours on the internet and had no problems with any of them. In the end we made the best of the ship and went away with some great memories...wickkki wickkki wahwww!

I am happy to see I wasn't the only one feeling this cruise wasn't up to NCL snuff. We made the best of it and had fun. However, I wish we had the same experience on the Dawn as we did on the Star in Spring 2010. I sure hope NCL is watching this thread. 301 people have read my thread and that says a lot. I didn't bother drinking the bottle of wine they left in our room. My concerns are not about getting freebies but about getting the cruise line to deliver as promised on a cruise paid for in good faith. A bottle of wine doesn't dry a wet body on a beach nor does it keep our valuables secure when the safe doesn't work. I just want to enjoy my vacation hassle free and make memories... pure and simple. I sure hope the Epic experience is better then this one. 212 days and counting till we cruise again.

Jokelady

Archived