holiday inn express

vlnovak

We stayed there last month. It was quiet, clean and reasonably priced. All one could hope for at the price and a one-night pre-cruise stay. There was a continental breakfast included and a free internet terminal available off the lobby. It was about one block from the ocean. We got in near midnight and left before 9AM, so don't have much to add. Oh, the room floors were all tile. We really liked that, but if you are a wall-to-wall carpet lover, you might not. If you have any other questions, I will try to help.

We stayed there last month. The location was great, but still $160 seemed like alot for such a room. Our only complaint was my husbands cold shower. The elevators are the smallest I've ever seen. Two people with luggage is all that will fit in one !!! An adventure to say the least. We would probably stay there again if we had too, as it was only one night and we aren't that picky.

We used Priority Club points and the rest of our friends got their rooms for around $95-$99 per night. We thought the hotel was great. The rooms were nice (not Ritz Carlton, but nice-it's a Holiday Inn Express). All of the employees were super friendly and helpful. I actually loved that we didn't have to tip 5 people to get our luggage to our rooms. We got the luggage cart, brought it up to our room and brought it back down. The pool area is small, and intimate with padded loungers. We thought it to be very pretty and the hot tub was really hot. Our group of 8 was the only one by the pool/hot tub.

It's within walking distance (not 20 min hikes, real walking) of several restaurants and a great grocery store where we bought beer, snacks, ice-cream, etc. It's about 1/2 block up to the dancing fountains near the water.

I don't think swimming would be allowed in any of the ocean areas we saw. There were large rocks and crashing waves. Quite beautiful and since we had been on a 9 night cruise, it was ok that we didn't have any real access to a beach. It was just 2 days of down time.

We are going back this October and may stay here if Priceline doesn't work out. We've even considered staying in Farjardo which is BEAUTIFUL but about 1 hour away from San Juan. (We took a snorkeling excursion and went there.) I also have a review on tripadvisor.com.

Hi, My sister and I plan to stay there before our cruise on the Golden. Is it safe for two ladies to be out walking around alone at night? Any suggestions for a nice restaurant that is within walking distance? Don't really want to take a cab at night. I read that there is a bus you can take to Old San Juan for 25 cents. Did anybody try this? Thanks for any informaton.

We walked to the restaurants we went to and I think it would be alright. There are a few resaurants within walking distance. One is called Angel's (I think, ask the front desk because they recommended it to us). You walk up to the main street turn right and then take a left on Ashford I think, not far at all. It took us maybe 5-6 minutes. It's authenic Puerto Rican food and excellent. Very casual and not at all expensive. I also think I have a paper menu that they gave me in my photo album. I had a sweet fried plaintain stuffed with ground beef & vegatables topped with cheese. It was so good we tried to eat there again, but a lot of restaurants are closed on Tuesdays.

There are other restaurants down that street too. And if you take a left instead of a right on the main road there is a Subway, a Mexican Restaurant and an American chain restaurant that I can't remember the name of. There is also an upscale restaurant that way too.

I thought Condado to be a nice place to stay for a night. I really didn't see a whole lot to do at night except eat dinner.

I would say to just take the bus in the day. You can find many places to eat outside the hotel at night. It is better safe than sorry, the bus would be my last choice for night travel with you sister. The taxi is a better bet. about $10 ech way

Hi, Sorry, I didn't make my comment more clear. I meant to say take the bus the next morning to Old San Juan to walk around and maybe see the Fort. We fly in the afternoon before our cruise, so will be at the Holiday Inn for one night. I thought we might be able to walk down to the beach in the afternoon and find someplace nearby for dinner and then take the bus the next morning. Just trying to see as much as possible in a short time period. Thanks. Our flight home leaves at 4 p.m., so we hope to take the ship's tour of the rain forest before we leave. Has anyone done that?

• 8 months later...

It's within walking distance (not 20 min hikes, real walking) of several restaurants and a great grocery store where we bought beer, snacks, ice-cream, etc. It's about 1/2 block up to the dancing fountains near the water.

Do you remember the directions from the Holiday Inn Express to the grocery store ? Is this a good place with reasonable prices to stock up on precruise essentials such as soda, beer, liquor, and snacks ?

Archived