Some Early Saver Questions

smyemar

Hi there! Just wondering how much of a deposit is required per person when booking early saver? If you book with a travel agent can you still get price reductions as OBC or is that only when booking with Carnival directly? Any negatives to booking early Saver? Thanks.:)

Deposits are the same as always. $250 for instance pp on a 7 day. 5 days, $200 pp, $150 for a 4 day.

I would definetely talk to a TA and ask how they handle price drops as some dont want to mess with them, some charge $25 pp in fees for each price drop.

I personally would only book direct with Carnival so I could submit my own price drops if I was booking ES.

We booked directly through the Carnival website for our Oct cruise with ES. I have kept watch on the prices at least once a day and we have already had an $80 price drop. I submitted a price reduction request form and had that amount deducted from the amount we still owed. If the trip had been completely paid for it would have been in the form of OBC.

The only down side to ES is the deposit is nonrefundable, but if you purchase travel insurance with any reason cancellation terms, you will get your deposit back, I believe. Not completely sure about that one.

We booked directly through the Carnival website for our Oct cruise with ES. I have kept watch on the prices at least once a day and we have already had an $80 price drop. I submitted a price reduction request form and had that amount deducted from the amount we still owed. If the trip had been completely paid for it would have been in the form of OBC.

The only down side to ES is the deposit is nonrefundable, but if you purchase travel insurance with any reason cancellation terms, you will get your deposit back, I believe. Not completely sure about that one.

But doesn't the insurance cost as much as the deposit? I'm curious, because I don't buy insurance..

But doesn't the insurance cost as much as the deposit? I'm curious, because I don't buy insurance..

It depends on the length of the cruise. A very short cruise, like a four day that has a deposit of $150, yeah, the insurance could get pretty close. For a longer cruise, like a seven day that has a deposit of $250, you'd be money ahead if you had to cancel.

But, you don't really lose the deposit if you have to cancel. You'll be charged $50 in cancellation fees (assuming you're outside of the cancellation penalty time frame) and the rest can be applied to any cruise you book within the next 12 months. So, unless you don't plan to book another cruise, you're not really losing your deposit...

:)

I booked my Cruise with a travel agent a few weeks ago on early saver and a price drop occurred this week and I filled out the form online on the carnival website on Tuesday afternoon and This morning I got an email saying I was approved for the lower price. It was SOOO easy and super quick!!

I had already fully paid, so I will be receiving the credit as OBC.

Can someone tell me how to appy for obc for a price drop online? Do you do it on when your log in on your reservation? or the thur the carnival reguler website?

Thanks

You don't have to logon to your reservation but you do need that number. On the regular website just go to the price protection form and complete all the questions then click submit.

I booked my Cruise with a travel agent a few weeks ago on early saver and a price drop occurred this week and I filled out the form online on the carnival website on Tuesday afternoon and This morning I got an email saying I was approved for the lower price. It was SOOO easy and super quick!!

I had already fully paid, so I will be receiving the credit as OBC.

For the OP the above is NOT normal. Carnival is not suppose to accept early saver price protection forms directly from you if booked with a travel agent. Your agent is suppose to be the only one that can submit the form on your behalf. If you book directly with Carnival then you can do your own submission.

Archived