Pease don't delete this thread!

Ships R Great

We are taking the Transcanal in September out of Seattle on Infinity. We are taking the train from Wash. DC to Seattle. Does anyone know of a train discussion board, similar to CC? We will be on the train for four days and are very excited about it.

We are taking the Transcanal in September out of Seattle on Infinity. We are taking the train from Wash. DC to Seattle. Does anyone know of a train discussion board, similar to CC? We will be on the train for four days and are very excited about it.

Hi Ships R Great !

Here's one site I've visited in the past : http://www.on-track-on-line.com/forums/index.php

I hope this works for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

I believe Tripadvisor.com has a train travel forum.

Have you googled "train travel forums" ? I'm sure there are others out there.

Hi Ships & Eandj !

Here's a link to Tripadvisor's Train Travel Forum :

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12483-Train_Travel.html

We are taking the train from Wash. DC to Seattle. Does anyone know of a train discussion board, similar to CC? We will be on the train for four days and are very excited about it.

We did this trip some years ago [before we discovered cruising] so please ask if you have any questions.

One point: one reason you may be doing this is to avoid airlie baggage restriction. If so, please note that the rail luggage restrictions were worse than transatlantic flight restrictions - as we discovered to our inconvience!

Sue

We did this trip some years ago [before we discovered cruising] so please ask if you have any questions.

One point: one reason you may be doing this is to avoid airlie baggage restriction. If so, please note that the rail luggage restrictions were worse than transatlantic flight restrictions - as we discovered to our inconvience!

Sue

I'm interested to see the OP response to this. The idea of tAking a 4 day train trip over a 6 hour flight simply for a bag restriction seems a little grandeous.

Oky, I'm back. Explanations may be in order---to avoid being called names ;)

We like the train. Have done the AutoTrain several times. We are not trying to avoid airline luggage restrictions. They are the same on the train. We just decided that since we have the time we would do this. The cost is not much more than air. We have an accessable (sp?) bedroom. Three meals a day. Bed turndown. A bit of scenery here and there. Obviously not eveyone's cup of tea but we like the idea.

We are not traveling till September but when we get back we will let you know how it went.

Thanks for the URLs.

Project gal---Thanks, I may have some questions for you later on.

Archived