Cozumel excursion/walk around, best beach,Shopping?

armywife6259

Sorry if this has been asked a million times. Me and my husband are going on our first cruise in May =) I have researched until I am blue in the face and just can't decide what to do. I like the idea of the AI beach resort, but can't decide between Nachi or Mr. Sanchos, we are 22 and not bringing kids if that makes a diff. I'm also wanting to do some shopping and walking around, will there be time to do both? How far away are these resorts from the pier? Also what is the prettiest beach in Cozumel? What something good and authentic to buy in port? How do I find a good place to buy where I won't get ripped off, and isn't just touristy? Anyother suggestions or helpful info is greatly appreciated :)

Town is the opposite direction from Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocom. Get off the ship as soon as it is cleared and go into town to do some shopping and have a look see. Then get a cab out to a beach club. The beach clubs are a 10-15 minute ride from the pier so about a 20 minute ride from downtown. Nachi Cocom is more laid back. You have to have an advance reservation there and it is all inclusive. If you don't think you will have a whole lot of time at the beach and don't think all inclusive is worth the $$$ then do a la carte at Mr. Sanchos. Just google both of them and look at their websites and see which one best meets your needs. Another non-all inclusive option is Playa Palancar. It is close to Nachi. Also very laid back with great food and service.

Archived