Save-the-dates/ Invites for wedding at sea

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking into cute stationary ideas for my wedding. We want something a little less formal and a little more fun but not cheap looking.

My fiance says to just send the invitation and skip the save the dates because people will want time to plan. I'm pretty sure that goes against etiquette and might raise an eyebrow or two with my older family members but the prices seem outrageous and since we're also paying for a large portion of the cruise/wedding ourselves I'm tempted to agree with him. Our stationary budget including STDs, invites, envelopes and thank you's is only $400 and we plan to order 75 invitations/ STDs.

If you were married on a cruise,

Where did you get your stationary?

What did it look like?

We got engaged June 2011 and booked our cruise wedding the same month, but are getting married April 2013. Rather than save the dates I designed an information brochure with the ship details, prices, trips and wedding details. It was sent out to anyone who showed an interest in coming along. This didnt cost me anything apartfrom time!! We are having a party back home to celebrate with family and friends and again rather thans ave the dates Im sending messages via facebook and email. Not traditional I know but again its free and does the job!!

As far as invitations go I've had passport style invites designed for those coming on the cruise with us. A message in a bottle invitation will be sent to all party guests.

Photos below:

We got engaged June 2011 and booked our cruise wedding the same month, but are getting married April 2013. Rather than save the dates I designed an information brochure with the ship details, prices, trips and wedding details. It was sent out to anyone who showed an interest in coming along. This didnt cost me anything apartfrom time!! We are having a party back home to celebrate with family and friends and again rather thans ave the dates Im sending messages via facebook and email. Not traditional I know but again its free and does the job!!

As far as invitations go I've had passport style invites designed for those coming on the cruise with us. A message in a bottle invitation will be sent to all party guests.

Photos below:

Photos attached this time:rolleyes:

727329619_cruisepassport1.jpg.936f637adb90be392a430e92c6cfc17b.jpg

813203428_cruisepassport6.jpg.f138ab3ed0a688f655932432e494e556.jpg

SDC13112.jpg.471c2d261c34754f23973420cc858e3c.jpg

805419952_photo(1).JPG.a5ad78a0a0b486612ffb66c236df8a12.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Your budget is completely reasonable if you don't mind doing some of the work yourself.

We, well I, did the DIY route with all of them.

For the save-the-dates I did boarding passes along with magnets

For the invitations, I did them passport style - these were a huge hit and enticed some people to come since I included all sorts of information for the ports and excursions and that. I had to laugh since one of my fiance's cousin's 6 year old took it in for show and tell to brag to everyone where he gets to go on vacation!

We sent the STDs out 13 months in advance.

The invites were sent out 3 1/2 months in advance.

Most of the same information was duplicated on our website.

DO you have pix of how u did ur Boarding Passes???? I LOVE ur idea that u did.. OMG.. Do u have any pix any where?

We are doing Save the Date Message in the bottles that direct people to our website with minimal information on it. Our Welcome page on our web site will start with something like" We are so glad our message in a bottle made it to your mailbox" We will be giving all of the info there.

We are doing Save the Date Message in the bottles that direct people to our website with minimal information on it. Our Welcome page on our web site will start with something like" We are so glad our message in a bottle made it to your mailbox" We will be giving all of the info there.

I love this too........OMGGGG

Wow. Mibs for the STD.

What will you do for the actual invitation?

I did DIY Mibs for my invites. Boy oh boy what an undertaking. Just finally got them finished last night. Mailing them today. Pricy to mail. I used .8 sand and in the end it was 8oz per box to mail.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Archived