Mariners and Monuments

Simples

I am interested in the Rome Express trip and wondered if anyone has been on this one recently. Once off the train and off the coach that takes you from the station into the city centre, do you have to walk to all the sites across the city or are you taken by mini coach? really I am asking how much walking is invovled as one of our party could only manage a mile or two without a rest. thanks.

I am interested in the Rome Express trip and wondered if anyone has been on this one recently. Once off the train and off the coach that takes you from the station into the city centre, do you have to walk to all the sites across the city or are you taken by mini coach? really I am asking how much walking is invovled as one of our party could only manage a mile or two without a rest. thanks.

:mad:

Post on Thomson forum, I've seen a lot on there about the train into Rome. Kruzseeka over there has some good info. Also, someone posted a great little video on YouTube that showed the journey from the port to the station.:):)

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Simples,

We went on the Rome Express trip a couple of years ago - the trip to/from Rome on the train is fantastic and far better than going by coach, but the walking in Rome is moderately difficult - i wouldn't recommend it to anyone with walking problems.

Archived